Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stickers on painted rear calipers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting my brake calipers painted red tomorrow. I have the stickers which consist of larger lettered TESLA, smaller lettered TESLA, and the Tesla emblem. I'm going to put the larger lettered TESLA on the front calipers. Which should I put on the rear calipers, small TESLA or the Tesla emblem? Or nothing?

Personal preference of course, but I went with no stickers on the rears. Tesla doesn’t put any rear stickers in their Performance Upgrade Package. So, I didn’t either because I wanted mine to look as OEM as possible. To me, the rears just don’t look good/right with any stickers. You may feel differently and that’s OK. Go with what you think looks good.

Reactions: X-pilot
I like the contrast of the lettering on the rear caliper. Of corse what GreenHokie mentioned it's all personal preference. The smaller letting in the vinyl kits fit pretty well. Though I wouldn't recommend applying the lettering vinyl without sanding down the casting marks first. It's probably worth the extra few minutes to sand them down whether you use decals or not since it looks better in both cases.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 338
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 208
  • 3.png
    3.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 194
  • 4.png
    4.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 267
Reactions: rlb4
I like the contrast of the lettering on the rear caliper. Of corse what GreenHokie mentioned it's all personal preference. The smaller letting in the vinyl kits fit pretty well. Though I wouldn't recommend applying the lettering vinyl without sanding down the casting marks first. It's probably worth the extra few minutes to sand them down whether you use decals or not since it looks better in both cases.

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_133918_266.jpg
    IMG_20210404_133918_266.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 156
  • PXL_20210404_190507485.jpg
    PXL_20210404_190507485.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 134