TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

stickies for get ampd tour

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by smoothoperator, Jul 11, 2012.

1. why not have one thread called "Get Amp'd-Model S Test Drive Information" and have all the stickies in there instead of stickying them all? Too Cluttered!

2. AndyM

AndyM Member

There should be at least two: Pending events info (to coordinate meetings, rides, etc), and completed events info (where folks can post their impressions, pics and videos)

3. I think both of those topics should be in one thread so it is an all inclusive place for all the Get Amp'd information (pre and post events)

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'll own this one. I decided to sticky each event so that people attending could quickly find others attending. And it gives them a place to share info about the event, cars, whatever they want to talk about in relation to the event. After the event concludes, I've removed the sticky within the week (usually when activity dies down).

This has worked really well at keeping a bunch of threads being started on the same topic (meaning I'm not having to do much work :) ). I don't want to have two threads for each event - because people WILL post in the wrong thread and I don't really feel like having to do all that cleanup. The more specific you make a thread, the more work it is for a mod to keep the thread on topic. And I suspect it's also helpful to Tesla to have the comments grouped by event, so the can see what worked, what didn't, etc.

So the number of stickies is temporary. Let it ride out the month. But it is proving useful to do it this way.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

How about I just move them all to the EVents forum?

6. :crying: ok fine but grouping them together would be useful, it sometimes is hard to find the other stickies that are between all the "Get Amp'd" ones?

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

That'd work. Could have one sticky in the Model S forum that is locked with title something like: 'All Get Amped posts are found in EVents forum' with a link to the forum in the first post.

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

This could have the added benefit of getting users to look around the forum. It might be just me and it's understandable given the imminent arrival(s) of Model S, but I have the impression that all sorts of things are just getting posted in the Model S forum right now.

9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I was leaving them in Model S for now (meaning, lots of newbies only look there) - and then thought the events forum or regional forums would be good final resting places, with one Model S thread/post with links to everything (and then close that thread).

10. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Your call. Sounds good.