Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

stickies for get ampd tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S

smoothoperator

why not have one thread called "Get Amp'd-Model S Test Drive Information" and have all the stickies in there instead of stickying them all? Too Cluttered!

There should be at least two: Pending events info (to coordinate meetings, rides, etc), and completed events info (where folks can post their impressions, pics and videos)

I think both of those topics should be in one thread so it is an all inclusive place for all the Get Amp'd information (pre and post events)

I'll own this one. I decided to sticky each event so that people attending could quickly find others attending. And it gives them a place to share info about the event, cars, whatever they want to talk about in relation to the event. After the event concludes, I've removed the sticky within the week (usually when activity dies down).

This has worked really well at keeping a bunch of threads being started on the same topic (meaning I'm not having to do much work :) ). I don't want to have two threads for each event - because people WILL post in the wrong thread and I don't really feel like having to do all that cleanup. The more specific you make a thread, the more work it is for a mod to keep the thread on topic. And I suspect it's also helpful to Tesla to have the comments grouped by event, so the can see what worked, what didn't, etc.

So the number of stickies is temporary. Let it ride out the month. But it is proving useful to do it this way.

I'll own this one. I decided to sticky each event so that people attending could quickly find others attending. And it gives them a place to share info about the event, cars, whatever they want to talk about in relation to the event. After the event concludes, I've removed the sticky within the week (usually when activity dies down).

This has worked really well at keeping a bunch of threads being started on the same topic (meaning I'm not having to do much work :) ). I don't want to have two threads for each event - because people WILL post in the wrong thread and I don't really feel like having to do all that cleanup. The more specific you make a thread, the more work it is for a mod to keep the thread on topic. And I suspect it's also helpful to Tesla to have the comments grouped by event, so the can see what worked, what didn't, etc.

So the number of stickies is temporary. Let it ride out the month. But it is proving useful to do it this way.

:crying: ok fine but grouping them together would be useful, it sometimes is hard to find the other stickies that are between all the "Get Amp'd" ones?