TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sticky for us 60 kWh-ers?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Apoclyps, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Hi Mods. Is it possible to create a sticky for us 60kwh owners? A lot of the postings are geared towards those with 85kwh batteries who make long road trips. But it would be nice for us 60-ers to have a go-to section to help us plan our road trips (mentality/planning will be different).

thanks.

Tan

2. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

I second this notion.

3. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

#3 Larry Chanin, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    For your information there is a Group that was setup for 60 kWh Model S owners.

Click on "Groups" from the main menu, scroll to the entry for "60kWh Model S", click the "Join" button.

Larry

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

We usually stick an existing thread, rather than create one and hope people will post there. I suggest that if you want to have a thread on a particular topic, create it ... and if it is clear that people are using it/accessing it on an ongoing basis, then ask for us to stick it.

Make sense?

5. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

thanks Larry. I did join the group when I got my car in April. Not much activity there.

- - - Updated - - -

Understood. I did do a search for 60kwh and found some posts from folks taking treks in their 60s (one from Vancouver to Disneyland). Thought maybe they can be pulled together in one thread. I will be posting at the end of my trip on Tuesday my experience going up the 5 to Napa and down the 101 to get back to SoCal.

thanks

6. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

I'm very interested in hearing how your return trip down the 101 goes. Sounds fun

7. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

I've traveled on 101 using the Superchargers a bit in my 60. Southbound, it is easy to make it from Gilroy to Atascadero traveling at 70-75 mph with 90% SOC. From Atascadero to Buellton is short and easy so no need for anything close to a full charge when traveling between the two. I made it from Buellton to Orange County with a 100% SOC but kept my speed down and managed energy use closely. On the return, I made it to Buellton from Tustin with 12 rated miles starting off at almost 200 rated and again keeping my speed down. Last bit of advice for 60 owners: when traveling north on 101 out of Atascadero, it's worth it to give yourself as much charge as possible if you're traveling in the afternoon or early evening when headwinds are strongest.