Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stiff Brake Pedal when Starting Car in Morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any vacuum based brake system will do this over time. If it was after the car was off for a few minutes, I would worry. Overnight, I wouldn’t worry. The vacuum pump generates more that enough suck to make up and still be safe.

I have the newer Bosch system, no vacuum.

But I also just Tao the brake to wake car. I might never notice b

Mine Does this too, but I think it is normal. You don't have to press the pedal
hard to turn the car on. Light pressure is sufficient. Once the car is on and the vacuum booster is pumped up, the pedal feel is proper and correct. Normal operation IMO.

I have a 2014 S85 and mine does the same thing. Super hard at first in the morning but quickly becomes normal as the car initializes. I didn't even think anything of it beyond it being unique to a Tesla until I saw this thread.

Mine Does this too, but I think it is normal. You don't have to press the pedal
hard to turn the car on. Light pressure is sufficient. Once the car is on and the vacuum booster is pumped up, the pedal feel is proper and correct. Normal operation IMO.
Mine has done this almost from when new. Sometimes it does take significant pressure to press the pedal far enough to turn on the car.