Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stiffen the key fob falcon wing door buttons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found my falcon wing doors randomly opened in my garage and the grocery store parking lot. I see this is a common problem. It seems one of the door key fob buttons are a lot easier to press than the others.

Before I start breaking the key fob open, has anyone tried making the fwd buttons stiffer? (Add resistance)

I wish it was a lot stiffer so you don’t accidentally press it. I also tried adding a silicone casing but it still feels pretty easy to press by accident.

thanks!!

I’m hoping someone makes a key fob hard case. Basically attaches to the key ring and pops out with a couple snaps. I barely ever press any buttons on my MX fob. Self presenting doors is enough for a single guy.

I’ve been in your situation before just add thundershowers, but luckily maybe for a min or so, at least I had a beach towel in the back to dry things up.

This is what fob covers are for. I had them ordered before I took delivery. See Abstract Ocean for the colored ones that are great for a woman to find in a purse or to differentiate between two different ones (different profiles). One of the most common accessories for the S and X.

Seriously, I’ve had the doors open about once or twice and that was when I sat on a fob when i didn’t have them in my pocket. You’ll also want to turn off the one click closes all doors.

Reactions: X-pilot
This is what fob covers are for. I had them ordered before I took delivery. See Abstract Ocean for the colored ones that are great for a woman to find in a purse or to differentiate between two different ones (different profiles). One of the most common accessories for the S and X.

Seriously, I’ve had the doors open about once or twice and that was when I sat on a fob when i didn’t have them in my pocket. You’ll also want to turn off the one click closes all doors.

Right, there are tons on Amazon too. It’s dumb the buttons are not recessed. Which is what the fob covers effectively do.

Reactions: X-pilot

how do you turn off the one click closes all doors again?

Exactly what I did. The first few days I had my car, the FWDs or rear trunk opened or closed 3 or 4 times due to me carrying stuff and hitting the fob in my pocket. I bought the AO silicone covers mainly to differentiate between mine and my wife's fob but they've been good (so far) at preventing unwanted open/close events. Or maybe I've just been more careful. But the fob covers are nice, nonetheless.

Reactions: boaterva