TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Still at 17.17.4 - AP2 w/AP convenience features

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kirky, Jul 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kirky

kirky Member

So, I am still at 17.17.4 now for a few months it seems now. I see others have gotten one or two updates since.

Its an AP2 HW car but wilh only AP(1) convenience features enabled I believe. It was an inventory car - and I don't see upgrading to FSD (or EAP) in My Tesla.

Anyone else with this combination that have a newer firmware?

2. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member

The update process might have gotten stuck for your car. I suggest contacting the hotline or your SeC.

• Like x 1
  3. kirky

kirky Member

Thanks for the tip I called them and they saw the car was actually trying to get a package. The problem could be that I don't connect to wifi (no coverage in common parking garage). But I do have full 4G at work. But also recently I have been using energy saving mode enabled, maybe that does something too.

4. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member

I have energy saving mode enabled, too. That doesn't stop updates.

Never being on wifi is a bigger hindrance. I only got 1 ot ouf 7 updates via mobile connection.

You could try a hotspot from your phone if you cannot get the car into any other wifi.

5. appleguru

appleguru Member

I recommend rebooting your instrument cluster and center information display (by holding both sets of buttons on the steering whee until they reboot).

I wasn't getting updates for a while; once I did this I got one OTA in just a few hours. I suspect they sometimes get "hung" partially downloaded and need a kick.

Can't hurt to set always connected for a day or two either.

6. kirky

kirky Member

Thanks both I will try those things too. It does sounds like I need to do some wifi hotspot sessions from time to time mabye. I tried yesterday, and I actually think it downloaded a 2-300 MBs but it was likely not enough but I couldn't drive around any longer just to let it get more data down. :)

I believe I have always connected on all the time, but do use Energy Saving on.

7. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member