Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still confused how to keep the car locked properly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is about a Tesla's and mobile phones not a remote control key which can be copied. Your iPhone cannot be hacked like this.

Again, I am no expert but some owners do use Model 3 fobs because Model 3 fobs and they were so popular that they were sold out at one time.

iPhone Bluetooth can also be vulnerable and not just fobs.

I haven't heard any SARA or Signal Amplification Relay Attack on Model 3 just yet but I don't see how Bluetooth signal is so special that it cannot be amplified.

I’ve had my Y for less than 48 hours and already my little kids are running to the car in the driveway, opening it, and playing games and fart noises. I’ve been thinking it was locked when I walked away with my phone but apparently my phone (in the house usually on my person) is still close enough for the kids to access. I did set a PIN to start, but if my kids can get in the car so could any other rando…. Turning off blue tooth in my phone would cause me to not be able to connect with other devices in my house or use Find My Phone. I’ll keep reading—-lots to learn!

I’ve had my Y for less than 48 hours and already my little kids are running to the car in the driveway, opening it, and playing games and fart noises. I’ve been thinking it was locked when I walked away with my phone but apparently my phone (in the house usually on my person) is still close enough for the kids to access. I did set a PIN to start, but if my kids can get in the car so could any other rando…. Turning off blue tooth in my phone would cause me to not be able to connect with other devices in my house or use Find My Phone. I’ll keep reading—-lots to learn!
Make sure "Exclude Home" is not set in Controls>Locks>Walk-Away Door Lock.