Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still expecting June Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, all. My first post here. I was curious about VIN distribution time as I JUST ordered mine late on the 25th.
I'm near Hattiesburg in Mississippi, and we have no store nor service stations in the state. It's about 2 hours to the closest in New Orleans, but still...
I ordered Blue, White, Performance, Tow.
Based on the progress I've seen in here (with the ramp-up of the factories), I'm thinking I should get a VIN assigned within 4-6 weeks. I'm documenting the entire experience on YouTube, but I'm not here to share that link (unless someone specifically requests it). I just want to see what timeframe others are experiencing so I can get an idea.

No matter what, this is my first Tesla, and I'm excited!
Congratulations on ordering the car! It's an amazing vehicle.

There's really no way of telling for sure when you'll get your car. It's possible that they have you're configuration available and they'll call you tomorrow. It's also possible that they spend the next two months shipping all the cars they build to Europe. We really don't know.

My best guess (and that's all it would be) is that you'd get a car by the end of next quarter (Sept.).

I almost lost hope getting a MY delivery this month, but I did a chat with customer service (through the delivery day link from the text msg) anyways. And to my surprise, the agent was able to tell me the VIN that was assigned (207xx) to my order (no MVPA or VIN in source code yet) and the delivery location will be Fremont factory (I'm about 20 miles away).

The agent also mentioned that the car itself is still in factory process, so no MVPA will show up until it leaves the factory (I guess that meant final QC check). Now I'm hopeful to get my MY before end of June, but still in cautiously optimistic wait and see mode...

Reactions: rxlawdude
I almost lost hope getting a MY delivery this month, but I did a chat with customer service (through the delivery day link from the text msg) anyways. And to my surprise, the agent was able to tell me the VIN that was assigned (207xx) to my order (no MVPA or VIN in source code yet) and the delivery location will be Fremont factory (I'm about 20 miles away).

The agent also mentioned that the car itself is still in factory process, so no MVPA will show up until it leaves the factory (I guess that meant final QC check). Now I'm hopeful to get my MY before end of June, but still in cautiously optimistic wait and see mode...
Sorry for the dumb question but how/where did you initiate the chat with Tesla. I can'd find a link to chat.

Good luck! Hope you will at least get some updates.
They said a VIN is assigned for me but they did not give that VIN number. She seemed pretty confident that the car will be delivered in June. She also confirmed that everything is complete on my end. So the ball is in Tesla's court. Not sure how that is going to happen in the next three days given where I am in the process :)

Just got a VIN - 23xxx - via text message from Tesla, although the text said it hasn't been built yet. Not in source yet, nor do I see a MVPA yet. If it's gonna get to SoCal in time for pick up by COB 6/30, it probably needs to be on a transporter in the next 24 hrs...fingers crossed!

Blue/white/AWD-LR/19"/no FSD; ordered 6/7.

I have a VIN and a MVPA and the delivery folks on chat this morning said my car was "in production".

Someone is being untruthful. Actually, I'd bet they're all full of it.

• Disagree
Reactions: LJ32
Well it's the end of June when they said they would deliver my Y. No call back just crickets... I get it though Tesla needs to do what ever they can do to stay afloat during COVID.

I think it's awesome a lot of people are taking delivery. So if you get yours please come back and post pictures for the rest of us to see and share in your excitement :)

Last edited:
Initially was set for 18 July delivery. Just had the SC reach out and ask if I can take delivery 30 June instead.

Apparently Elon has either discovered time travel, or teleportation.

So, there’s a non-zero chance it’ll be end of June. Not holding my breath (just given the fact that the vehicle is not on location yet).

Congratulations on ordering the car! It's an amazing vehicle.

There's really no way of telling for sure when you'll get your car. It's possible that they have you're configuration available and they'll call you tomorrow. It's also possible that they spend the next two months shipping all the cars they build to Europe. We really don't know.

My best guess (and that's all it would be) is that you'd get a car by the end of next quarter (Sept.).

Thanks! That timeframe seems logical. I'm hoping for beginning of August, but I'm fine either way.

I just got this text: Tesla Update - Your Model Y VIN can now be viewed in your Tesla Account. We currently plan to deliver your Model Y in the next few days and will reach out soon about scheduling your delivery.

However, the VIN is not visibly in my account. I’ve checked with source code and looked on various pages. Does it take a while to show up?