Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still expecting June Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just picked up my MSM, LR AWD today at 330pm at Buena Park. All in all, not much defects. They were able to fix them on the spot. Happy with the experience!
7F638596-1083-413E-A56B-0D032360D686.jpeg

Reactions: Fred42 and CaliX
Still on track for Tuesday afternoon; when the delivery center called me Monday afternoon to confirm my appointment, they checked the status of the car and said there were no issues, so I’m cautiously optimistic the car will be there tomorrow. Readying my checklist now...

Took delivery today at Marina Del Rey. Biggest issue was the rear seats would not auto-fold from the trunk switches. The Tesla rep determined the rear seats were too tight together and not allowing each section to individually release. Will be handled by service appt. Also found some minor paint blemishes that he advised would be covered. Overall very happy with the Y. Just discovered Summon and Auto Park aren't included with standard Autopilot, oops.

Photo Jun 29, 5 18 21 PM.jpg

First of all thank you for all the help you guys provided as I am learning about Tesla, problems and processes. I'll probably no longer visit this section of the forum, as I'll move into the post delivery sections and figured I should report out my delivery to return the favor.

I just got my Y (White/White/LR/No FSD/19"/Tow) delivered to my home (without me asking for home delivery). They drove directly from Factory. Super nice guy, guessing his full time job is something other than to deliver cars at Tesla but helping out because of end of quarter. He told me I was his third and he will deliver 2 more today.

Regarding build quality, I did a quick scan while Tesla guy was here and saw no major issue and took delivery. I spent the last two hours to do a detailed walk through with a checklist in my hand. First of all, paint quality is fantastic. Here are the issues I found.
  • Frunk alignment on the left vs right is not even. It is barely different though. I showed it to my wife and she stared at me for good 5 secs without saying anything.
  • Trunk sometimes lock sometimes doesn't without a push. When pushed, it locks
  • Tail lights, both sides, seems little out
  • Charger cable charges but the port doesn't lock. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it is defective
  • There are two other alignment issues but minor and I don't intend to include in my service ask especially after observing the way my wife look at me when I show those to her:)
  • This is less of a car issue but perhaps more annoying than all of the above. It's been four hours and Tesla app still doesn't show the car
That is pretty much it. Then I took the car for a drive. Keep in mind, I never driven a Tesla before, nor have I seen a model Y in real life. First time I bought a car like that. The driving is out of this world. Previously I had larger cars MDX, X5M and Discovery and they way this car takes corners is well beyond sport sedans that I have owned in the past, yet alone the recent SUVs I've owned. And the smoothness of acceleration is insane and I didn't even get the performance model.

When I get the Tesla app updated, I will report these issues and set up a service appointment.

Oh also, for those who are wondering, the car came with carpet floor mats. I couldn't get an answer if it does or does not in the past so figured I should highlight. I am a huge fan of carpet floor mats as opposed to rubber ones, so one less thing to think about for me.

Now, if you excuse me, I am heading to ordering accessories. Good luck to tomorrow's deliveries as I know there were at least couple Bay Area customers waiting for theirs to be delivered.

• Informative
Reactions: endizguyz
in central vt. i received my car at 1PM today, delivered to a parking lot of my choice.
i just read in a posting to a google group that four cars are being delivered, to four different families, via truck, to north west vermont, after 8:40PM east coast time, tonight.
don't know about any other sales centers, but peabody MA said they're delivering over a hundred cars today.

Smooth pickup today (blue/white/LR-AWD/19”/no FSD, VIN 23xxx, probably built Saturday or Sunday :rolleyes:). A few blemishes on the paint, the only ones that might not come out with mild buffing were some bubbles / dust inclusions on the frunk. A couple of small trim panels not pushed in correctly, service fixed on the spot. Paint job is very middle-of-the-road in general and good for an American car in my experience; not as good as a typical Euro luxe brand product (Audi, BMW, M-B, Volvo) but more than adequate. Some mild orange peel, not objectionable, and everything is the same color ;). Interior is very good; no stains, grease spots, bad carpeting, etc. Middle seat is slightly off from the right side seat, but I didn’t try changing the recline setting yet; might or might not have them fix. Drives great, steering wheel aligned correctly, very tight - no rattles, no significant road or wind noise at speed. Getting used to single-pedal driving :cool:

Delivery center was happening - had 15+ spots set up inside the building, were turning them over in an hour or so. A mix of all four models, but the majority seemed to be M3s with the rest about evenly split between MX and MY, with only one MS that I remember seeing. “Touchless” delivery thankfully wasn’t - vehicle was unlocked from the get-go, with paperwork inside, but after filling out paperwork (inspected first), took the paperwork to a bevy of staff for checking over; they found a couple of things to fix, then they did our trade-in paperwork. Took about 1:15 all total; trade-in was probably 15-20 minutes of that. App didn’t work until maybe an hour after pulling out but was then able to set up phone key and profile.

As we were leaving, a transport was unloading another batch...I’m guessing they’ll be open late tonight :eek:

Reactions: imola.zhp
Smooth pickup today (blue/white/LR-AWD/19”/no FSD, VIN 23xxx, probably built Saturday or Sunday :rolleyes:). A few blemishes on the paint, the only ones that might not come out with mild buffing were some bubbles / dust inclusions on the frunk. A couple of small trim panels not pushed in correctly, service fixed on the spot. Paint job is very middle-of-the-road in general and good for an American car in my experience; not as good as a typical Euro luxe brand product (Audi, BMW, M-B, Volvo) but more than adequate. Some mild orange peel, not objectionable, and everything is the same color ;). Interior is very good; no stains, grease spots, bad carpeting, etc. Middle seat is slightly off from the right side seat, but I didn’t try changing the recline setting yet; might or might not have them fix. Drives great, steering wheel aligned correctly, very tight - no rattles, no significant road or wind noise at speed. Getting used to single-pedal driving :cool:

Delivery center was happening - had 15+ spots set up inside the building, were turning them over in an hour or so. A mix of all four models, but the majority seemed to be M3s with the rest about evenly split between MX and MY, with only one MS that I remember seeing. “Touchless” delivery thankfully wasn’t - vehicle was unlocked from the get-go, with paperwork inside, but after filling out paperwork (inspected first), took the paperwork to a bevy of staff for checking over; they found a couple of things to fix, then they did our trade-in paperwork. Took about 1:15 all total; trade-in was probably 15-20 minutes of that. App didn’t work until maybe an hour after pulling out but was then able to set up phone key and profile.

As we were leaving, a transport was unloading another batch...I’m guessing they’ll be open late tonight :eek:
Looks like you have a good experience! I'd love to see a picture. I got Blue/White also. (I'm in Mississippi, so I probably have another 4-6 weeks to go.)