Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still expecting June Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s 8PM and still no delivery. This is unacceptable. No communication no nothing. They are just asking for a lot of angry customer calls tomorrow.
They told me twice today that my car was coming, despite the delivery info disappearing from my account. I finally broke down and called them in the afternoon and was told my car hadn't even been built yet. No explanation why they set a delivery time for a car that didn't exist.

They matched me with another car that added a tow hitch and promised I could pick it up at 5pm. That time came and went without so much as a peep. Now, I'm told "it'll be ready before midnight".

Seeing how every single thing they've told me today was not true, I'm taking this last missive with a grain of salt.

They told me twice today that my car was coming, despite the delivery info disappearing from my account. I finally broke down and called them in the afternoon and was told my car hadn't even been built yet. No explanation why they set a delivery time for a car that didn't exist.

They matched me with another car that added a tow hitch and promised I could pick it up at 5pm. That time came and went without so much as a peep. Now, I'm told "it'll be ready before midnight".

Seeing how every single thing they've told me today was not true, I'm taking this last missive with a grain of salt.

We are still sitting here waiting, too...
White/White/20"/No tow hitch
VIN 206xx

We have an hour drive to Fremont from Sausalito.

Oh - and they have received payment in full - go figure - welcome to the S&P 500, Elon! You're welcome.

We are still sitting here waiting, too...
White/White/20"/No tow hitch
VIN 206xx

We have an hour drive to Fremont from Sausalito.

Oh - and they have received payment in full - go figure - welcome to the S&P 500, Elon! You're welcome.
Same here, Vin 209xx. I bet by early tomorrow morning, our Y will be on a Journey to the North and we get a text message saying "hey we just sold your vehicle to a Canidian, please wait for another 3 months for next batch". May the market crashed on Elon.

All I can say is wow. That is one emotional roller coaster ride. I mean the least they can do is just stop all this BS and tell the paying (or paid) customers what the truth is. I think I’m more frustrated and upset over the lack of communication than anything else.

I guess getting a VIN does not mean you will get your car ASAP.
maybe the car is not even built. no way.

what gets me is I already paid in full. my bad.

what gets me is this text I received yesterday
Tomorrow is the day! We are currently planning to deliver your Model Y to your delivery address sometime tomorrow. We have sent an email with further instructions and will reach out when a Tesla Advisor is on their way.

Please reply YES to confirm that you will be available tomorrow to take delivery of your Model Y.

just venting. maybe tomorrow will be a better day :)

Tomorrow is the day! We are currently planning to deliver your Model Y to your delivery address sometime tomorrow. We have sent an email with further instructions and will reach out when a Tesla Advisor is on their way.

Please reply YES to confirm that you will be available tomorrow to take delivery of your Model Y.

We are in the same boat here. Fully paid, they made sure of that. That's all that mattered.

No worries. I got the same exact text and am pulling my hairs out in frustration. This is not supposed to happen on a 60K vehicle. I guess this is the price you pay to join the club (1st time owner here).​

Yeah there is a funny circus in Fremont as Elon said...
  • I placed an order last week.
  • The quoted wait was 4 to 8 weeks.
  • This morning I got a text that I will receive my car today.
  • Later another text saying tomorrow.
  • Then another text that it was mistake and I will get mine today.
  • On the site there is no quoted delivery time. Nothing! I paid so it says they will provide delivery information soon.
  • Initially I paid the downpayment and taxes so remaining balance was 0.
  • They sent another bill later for 271 USD and I dunno what it is for because I can't see the old quote to compare. (I suppose for front door delivery.)
  • Originally they said they won't deliver to my address so I opted in for Fremont Pickup.
  • Today they said they will deliver to my door.
  • My Tesla rep does not even answer my phone and all text messages are automated.
  • So I really don't know what's happening though I don't hold a grudge. It was a pandemic quarter end so I appreciate their efforts.
  • VIN 154XX

I bet what they are doing now is promise a delivery, assign a empty Vin and take payment and market it as deliveried in June. then build and deliver in next a few days. By doing this they have sale numbers to meet delivery expectation, but in reality this is a market manipulation, soon or later Fed gonna have a talk with them again

I don't think they can count it as a sale(revenue) before delivery.
but I'm not a financial guy.

Yeah I agree. I think there is a race to deliver as much as possible as Elon said himself in the leaked E-Mail. But they don't dodge with the numbers. Why should they do that when they can simply add 100s of units if they want to go that path. I think they are doing their best effort and if they could not do it before 12 midnight will address them in upcoming days hopefully with a nice apology. I appreciate some Supercharger miles.

And I just got this text..

Tesla Update - Your Model Y just completed production and we are planning on dropping it off at your address later tonight. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y and accept delivery with the Tesla App.

Please reply to this text with any questions or concerns.

And I just got this text..

Tesla Update - Your Model Y just completed production and we are planning on dropping it off at your address later tonight. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y and accept delivery with the Tesla App.

Please reply to this text with any questions or concerns.

Wow! Well, we are not going to pick up tonight even if they offer. I hope you get yours tonight!

My VIN is 13XXX and supposed to be delivered today but no call/text nothing.
And at 9pm, Tesla sent a new email to sign the loan doc again...
No delivery schedule but all my down payments are processed.
Without delivery, they got Q2 revenue.. will see tomorrow..