Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still hate v11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been over 2 months and it's still not fixed. The threads will continue until it is. Posting on here is one of the only hopes we have of getting through to Tesla (and not much at that).
You honestly that this forum is going to get Teslas attention? You know better than that.

They'll take user feedback and subtly improve v11. They have already changed a few items that we all did not like.

Unlike previous versions, this one is NOT growing on me. Still hate trying to do the easiest of tasks like seat heater, find a different streaming channel, chech tire pressures, having to close the car screen on every.single.drive. The list is long and I am sad.
Ditto, and I’ve tried. The mobile messaging is the last stray. I want the old one back..... whinnning.

The funny thing is that I dislike it more now, even with the tiny tweaks, than I did when it first came out.

It doesn't even follow the standard "blue is on, gray is off" and I still end up turning automatic heated seats off and on again nearly every trip because, you know, gray means on in just that one place 🤪

v12 will take the minimalist approach to a whole new level. Screen will be totally dark with auto hide icons. This will allow users to turn off the bright display especially at night driving and keep the Tesla’s minimalist approach (kill two birds with one stone). To prevent excessive wear and warranty claims those icons will frequently change its location (similar to pin to drive menu) and you will get 3 seconds to navigate follow up menu. If not icon will auto icon and change its location.

v12 will take the minimalist approach to a whole new level. Screen will be totally dark with auto hide icons. This will allow users to turn off the bright display especially at night driving and keep the Tesla’s minimalist approach (kill two birds with one stone). To prevent excessive wear and warranty claims those icons will frequently change its location (similar to pin to drive menu) and you will get 3 seconds to navigate follow up menu. If not icon will auto icon and change its location.
True story, once or twice while driving I clicked the car icon to change a setting and the panel that pops up and obstructs everything was completely blank. I clicked a couple times and it finally did display everything, but it wasn't cool at all.
Tesla really has to be careful. There's real competition on the way, and V11 is exactly the kind of thing to get people looking at other options.

True story, once or twice while driving I clicked the car icon to change a setting and the panel that pops up and obstructs everything was completely blank. I clicked a couple times and it finally did display everything, but it wasn't cool at all.
Tesla really has to be careful. There's real competition on the way, and V11 is exactly the kind of thing to get people looking at other options.
I know I am; I know other people who do; I know of at least one person who went back to ICE because of V11 (and other Tesla type of things but V11 was the last straw)

Reactions: pilotSteve
I was looking through my watched threads trying to find a particular one. I was watching a lot of threads critiquing UI and AP changes. Each had its detractors, and V9 wasn't popular in particular. AP nags were loathed. However, only V11 has led any real number of people to seriously say they're selling their car or looking to another brand.

Oh look complainers on the internet.
Oh look, apologists on the internet. Maybe 60 well articulated critiques in all the threads on v11, and zero engagement and honest discussion from the apologists.

All we get is "use voice commands" - not a solution

Or "hey, it's only adding a half a second of distraction" - in about 30 places, and is a step in the wrong direction, showing total lack of understanding from Tesla and their apologists.

The funny thing is that I dislike it more now, even with the tiny tweaks, than I did when it first came out.

It doesn't even follow the standard "blue is on, gray is off" and I still end up turning automatic heated seats off and on again nearly every trip because, you know, gray means on in just that one place 🤪
This. The HVAC controls now have blue/light grey for on/off AND dark grey/light grey for on/off....not the same screen...

<<<Calling it now>>>
The reason all your icons are 5mm x 5mm?
Ad Space. Now tesla can put ads on the screen, right under actual useful buttons!
When you go to change the car temp, you'll click it. (by accident) #AdRevenue!

Just like all those singles in my area, they gonna make mad money.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Scelto and Boza
Oh look, apologists on the internet. Maybe 60 well articulated critiques in all the threads on v11, and zero engagement and honest discussion from the apologists.

All we get is "use voice commands" - not a solution

Or "hey, it's only adding a half a second of distraction" - in about 30 places, and is a step in the wrong direction, showing total lack of understanding from Tesla and their apologists.
We just have very different driving styles. What are you changing on the UI so often it distracts you? I understand people not liking it ( I have the beta and it's amazing with V11) but I'm so used to the new UI nothing takes longer, that I remember. I don't check my tires every drive, I don't turn my seat warmers on every trip and if I do I've already turned them on via the app, when I pre heat the car. My wipers are automatic along with the lights. I hated V10 and it was hated by a lot of people, but now a lot of people ( the same ones) want V10 back. BTW the only thing I use all the time for voice is text because it's the safest and navigation. I'm not being a Tesla apologist for liking V11, I just think it's far nicer.

We just have very different driving styles. What are you changing on the UI so often it distracts you? I understand people not liking it ( I have the beta and it's amazing with V11) but I'm so used to the new UI nothing takes longer, that I remember. I don't check my tires every drive, I don't turn my seat warmers on every trip and if I do I've already turned them on via the app, when I pre heat the car. My wipers are automatic along with the lights. I hated V10 and it was hated by a lot of people, but now a lot of people ( the same ones) want V10 back. BTW the only thing I use all the time for voice is text because it's the safest and navigation. I'm not being a Tesla apologist for liking V11, I just think it's far nicer.
You don't. Others do.

I run seat warmers nearly every time i'm in the car (although 'auto' setting works for me fine 95% of the time).

Auto wipers are a joke half the time.

Auto headlights work ok (not full beam obviously, they are trash).

Allowing access to arcade and theatre quick launch buttons on the 'taskbar' (that you can't use while driving) but removing access to seat heaters or the bloomin' de-mist button was straight up lunacy.

And the whole 2012 android icons placed on a solid black letterbox taskbar doesn't even bare discussing. If you think V11 looks nicer than V10 then there's no hope for you.

One of the things I'm "changing so often" is the damn Homelink button. Every time my garage door tries to kill someone I reach for the Homelink button and it's blocked by yet another random thing that shouldn't be there. The turn signal, a text, a phone call, my seatbelt, a navigation instruction, the HVAC, etc.

I mean, how freaking stupid would you have to be to cover up a critical control with some low priority status indicator? Twice? No, 17 times. It's just shameful.

Also, now that I've already had to replace my windshield I no longer have automatic climate control and I see what others complain about with the manual fan speed adjustment. I mean, how freaking stupid would you have to be to put a slider control in the very center of the screen where I can't stabilize my hand against anything? And why would I want a slider anyway? I usually just want the fan a little faster or slower. +/-/Max would be smarter.