Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still have not had an update pushed to my car (on 2019.12.1.2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Count yourself luck your M3 came with 2019.12. I received my care (home delivery) last Saturday and it is running on 2019.7. So I'm currious too on how long I'll have to wait to receive updates. I'm connected to WiFi too. I'm thinking of calling Tesla Support to see if they can expedite it, because I would like to have Sentry Mode before I have to take a trip to San Antonio in a month.

Are you sure you do not have Sentry Mode? 2019.7 should have it. It is not automatic yet so has to be turned on each time but can be done through the Tesla app and there are third party apps that can turn on Sentry Mode as well.

So I picked up my M3AWD about a week ago. It came with 2019.12.1.2 however I still have not had the option to update to any of the newer releases.

I will concede I don't have access to WIFI in my garage, however I have been driving around with it connected to my phone as a mobile hotspot in the hopes of tricking it into updating over that.

Is it normal to wait this long for an update?

Turn off “Keep Climate On” follows instructions below:

D35476EC-F0F9-46CA-83AC-EB19AB6C993E.jpeg

Honestly, I'd prefer to be back on 12.1.2. Maybe it's recency bias, but that seemed to be a really stable release that had all the features I needed working well. 16.1 introduced the annoying ELDA safety feature that can't be turned off and 20.1 has started corrupting my thumb drives for the Dash Cam / Sentry Mode.

Reactions: Msjulie