Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still having problems with USB Sentry on 2022.20.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am continuing to have intermittent issues with sentry mode not working (red x in the USB sentry icon). I have formatted and reformatted the USB several times ( and even bought a new one). It seems to work for a bit but then randomly stops working and I get the red x. Pulling the USB and re-inserting or resetting the car solves it (until it stops working again.)

I thought it was working consistently for a bit so not sure if the (relatively) recent update has caused the issue again or whether I am just not driving that much recently to have a good sense of when it is working and when not.

Anyone else still have issues?

You're talking about the dashcam, not Sentry Mode specifically, correct? I've seen that issue occasionally, but reformatting the USB usually fixes it. However, on at least one occasion, formatting the USB in the car did not create the TeslaCam folder, so the USB wasn't recognized as a dashcam USB. You might want to check and make sure that folder is there.

My dashcam had no problems until one of the recent updates (I think it was around May), where apparently a bug with the caching causes the dashcam to fail to mount:

But after the later update that was said to fix it (I believe 2022.16) it doesn't appear to have problems anymore. I'm currently on 2022.20.7 and don't appear to have problems (knock on wood).

That said, there are people that have had long running problems with dashcam, even before that recent update this year, and the latest update would not fix problems for those people. There can be a ton of possible causes unrelated to the software and sometimes it's not even the car.

You're talking about the dashcam, not Sentry Mode specifically, correct? I've seen that issue occasionally, but reformatting the USB usually fixes it. However, on at least one occasion, formatting the USB in the car did not create the TeslaCam folder, so the USB wasn't recognized as a dashcam USB. You might want to check and make sure that folder is there.
Yes, Dashcam - I have reformatted both in and out of the car; tried older USB sticks as well as newer ones. Same intermittent issue.

I had problems with mine until I kept sentry mode on all the time (not to exclude home). It was dismounting every time I got in the garage and failing to remount unless I pulled the drive and reinserted it. It's been 3 months
If it only happened the last couple of months the latest updates should fix it. There was a bug introduced around May that would make the drive fail to mount.

I'm running on the same version but my Samsung Pro Endurance 256Gb Sd card with usb 3.0 adapter not reconized, formatted exFat with 4 folders Dashcam,SentryClips,RecentClips and SavedClips. And also my music cuts out for a few seconds then speakers slight pop then music restores. Any help?

I'm running on the same version but my Samsung Pro Endurance 256Gb Sd card with usb 3.0 adapter not reconized, formatted exFat with 4 folders Dashcam,SentryClips,RecentClips and SavedClips. And also my music cuts out for a few seconds then speakers slight pop then music restores. Any help?
Update, simple reset took care of my issues. LOL