Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still hoping for a Christmas miracle (full P boost)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it didn't come for last quarter, it's not coming. Tesla should be over the profitability hump now and going forward.

It's pretty clear they didn't find those nickles and dimes worth having to explain to later 2019 to present buyers why they've got inferior HW on their cars.

Reactions: phantasms
As someone who’s daily driven 10 and 11 second cars most of his life, you always get used to the power. The key is to find an amount of power that’s huge while remaining useful. The Model 3 P does this to perfection.

To those waiting, just get the boost in the mean time. It’s silly not to. I have and it transforms the car. It’s dramatically quicker in every acceleration metric. If they come out with a full P offering for the 980, which I don’t think they will, it will be $2k cheaper for the boosted cars of course. It’s odd to think otherwise.

PS as someone who bought an early AWD, and would absolutely go for the P of buying today I’m kind of in a holding pattern. The 3 P is the perfect car but I figure I’ll just wait it out. Maybe the Plaid S won’t suck to drive like the current S does [hides] and I could go for that. If not I’ll wait till Austin or yet too be names East coast factory is making 3s in the new form factor Elon said about the German Y.

Christmas isn't over yet, but its seeming less likely there will be a miracle.

At this point, I'm wondering if I should just break down and pay less than the 'Boost' price to GHOST UPGRADE DIY to get full-P. I'd much prefer to give my cash to Tesla and avoid any potential warranty/future-disablement issues, but apparently that's not gonna happen.

Its admittedly stupid either way. I'm taking Stacy's Mom for a ride maybe once a week, and am unlikely to ever be a full-time commuter ever again(by choice). I don't even really need a car anymore.

Need went out of the equation the first time I drove the car, it's WANT! Tomorrow at 2PM if the cashiers check gets here tomorrow morning like it is supposed to.
wish.gif