TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Still in awe at the Model 3 and getting impatient at not being able to configure.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by MXWing, Jun 2, 2018.

1. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Saw a white Model 3 at a stop light and man it's a head turner. Doesn't get old seeing them.

Come'on Elon, open up every Model 3 configuration option please!

Drove a light down and saw a white BMW i3 next.

Cockroach on bicycle wheels.. ugg

I'm on the NOT cancelling my Model 3 reservation camp.

Disagree = I have a BMW i3 and I still love my ugly baby.

2. joefee

joefee 3M+ page views on TMC Threads

Well worth the wait!

3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

On one hand I want the configurator to open up the other options for me, but on the other hand I'm surprised when people who have configured complain about the lead time before they get their Model 3. No matter what they do, Tesla can't please everyone it seems.

I keep checking every few hours just in case I don't get the email. However, it's probably unlikely they'll enable it on a weekend right?

• Like x 2
  4. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

It was a weekend when the Model 3 performance was released for configuration (for some people).

5. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Yeah but I would suspect that is more attributed to Elon being forced to do so because he had said they would open ordering for the P/D that specific week and the PR would have been bad to wait. It is not really normal operating procedure to open invites over the weekend from what I have seen.

6. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Thank you for feeding my OCD habits... I feel better now.

• Love x 1
  7. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Agreed!!

8. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

First contact from Tesla sales today, my VIN is ready. :)

• Like x 1
  9. irishndude4

irishndude4 Member

when did you get your VIN? I got mine yesterday, and was naively hoping to get contacted today but crickets!

10. D3xDt3Reaction

In order to avoid my compulsion to keep hitting the refresh button, I wrote a Python script that automatically checks for updates on my configurator page every few minutes and sends me an E-mail if there is any news. Can’t trust the Tesla E-mail since last time it didn’t come for days after I could configure LR. Unfortunately, now I have to check the script to make sure it is still working... Yes, I’m hopeless.

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

This kind of obsessive compulsive disorder should make TSLA shorts wary of how long to stay in the fire.

• Like x 1
  12. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

More accurately, a Tesla email from my assigned sales rep yesterday notified me that a VIN had been assigned. The actual number was not in the email and I don't see it in my Tesla account yet.

I presume it will all straighten itself out in the next couple of days.