Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still missing most recent update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried rebooting the big screen a couple of times to try to "push" the update but that didn't work. Any other ideas to get the most recent update rather than going to a service center?

I tried rebooting the big screen a couple of times to try to "push" the update but that didn't work. Any other ideas to get the most recent update rather than going to a service center?

What version are you currently on? Tesla typically has multiple firmware versions that are considered "current" at the same time. Most should be on at least 2018.48.12.1.

I agree that calling the 800 number is usually quicker. They can typically tell pretty quickly if you have a failed update that is holding you up or if you are "current".

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Unless you've gone 3 months or more (which would be around version 2019.42) there's no reason to worry about it. Not everyone gets every version, and it's common to be a month or more between updates.
Normally I agree with this but the 2018.49 Christmas Easter egg was supposed to be pushed to basically every car. If OP doesn’t have that yet, which it appears he doesn’t based on the last post, something needs to be addressed.

OP, call the 800 number. That’s your fix.

Thanks for all the responses. I was able to get through to someone using Tesla chat. They told me that the size of the update was so big that I needed to connect it to WiFi. The WiFi is weak where I keep my car parked so need to figure out a stronger spot to park it while it updates. Hopefully this helps anyone having the same issue!