Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still no accessory hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car end of April and still waiting for my accessory hitch. Anyone got feedback from their SCs the status? I did got the paid hitch for free, but that's not the one I want....
I'm not sure what your asking. Your car has the connections for a hitch on the back, but you did not receive the Bosal adapter to put in it? Or you did receive the Bosal 2", but are still hoping for a 1.25" receiver? If the latter, I'm pretty sure the answer is never, and you'll need to buy a 3rd party 2" to 1.25" adapter. If the former... I can't answer cause I'm not in that situation.

Reactions: loganintx
In the original launch video, didn't Elon demo a good-looking hitch that can be installed by a kid in 10 seconds? I thought that was the "accessory hitch" and comes free with the vehicles. For those who need more towing power, they could upgrade for $750(?) hitch/software package.

I configured the former, and was told they don't have it on my delivery date. I then discovered that they put the latter in my trunk. Even though it's free, I prefer the original hitch since it's nicer looking. Am I the only one?

In the original launch video, didn't Elon demo a good-looking hitch that can be installed by a kid in 10 seconds? I thought that was the "accessory hitch" and comes free with the vehicles. For those who need more towing power, they could upgrade for $750(?) hitch/software package.

I configured the former, and was told they don't have it on my delivery date. I then discovered that they put the latter in my trunk. Even though it's free, I prefer the original hitch since it's nicer looking. Am I the only one?
There are 3 different things:
1.) Tow Hitch
2.) Accessory Hitch
3.) Bike Rack
The Accessory Hitch was originally meant to be a 1.25" hitch receiver. They then indicated it would be a 2" hitch receiver. Eventually, they just starting shipping the Tow Hitch receiver to everyone who ordered either the (1) Tow hitch or the (2) Accessory Hitch. What you have in your trunk is the Tow Hitch receiver, which is more beefy and better than the originally intended Accessory Hitch. You can thank Tesla next time you see an employee.

With regards to the Bike Rack they showed at the reveal, that never materialized. Just recently, the Model-X store debuted a new Bike Rack that is a rebranded Yakima rack. I suspect that this will replace that fancy/easy Bike Rack announced last September, or at least until the Telsa engineers have a bit more time to play with a new design.

Considering the Model-X ramp issues and the new Model-3 design, it may be a while (if ever).