Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still No Document About Loan Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MY on June 11th and I'm financing through Tesla (JP Morgan Chase). It states in the Loan Agreement that the 1st payment would be due on 7/26 (this coming Monday). But I have yet to receive any information about the loan or how to pay for it. I went on Chase's site to setup the account but it's asking for the Loan Number. I can't find that information on the Loan Agreement, so I assume they'll be sending me that via mail. It's been around 30 days and I have yet to receive that. Is this normal?

Make sure you have your correct mailing address on the loan agreement from Tesla. Make sure at the very bottom of the loan agreement it says Seller assigns its interest in this contract to JP Morgan Chase Bank NA. If not, contact Tesla, your loan agreement may be wrong. (Assuming they use the same contract form in your state as they do in TN. )

Othewise you should have gotten information in the mail from Chase about payments with the loan number and everything. I am also financed through Chase with Tesla financing. I also already had a chase account so it just showed up there along with my other accounts long before I got that mail but if that's what I would have had to wait on if I didn't have an account. You sure your correct mailing address is on the loan agreement?

Yah I checked and I don't see Chase mentioned in the Loan Agreement. I confirmed that my address is correct. At the bottom, it shows "Tesla Motors Inc" in the section "Seller Signs". I've sent them an email today to inquire about it.

Thanks for the info.

I have the same situation . Took delivery on June 13th . Loan is due on the 28th and I haven’t heard anything yet . Did you hear back ? Who did you email?

I contacted the financing department via email and they forwarded my email to the Funding department.
This was almost a week ago and I have yet to hear from them. I even called Chase and they said they don't see any loan in my name/credentials.

Realistically speaking, what can I do but wait here? It seems they're either backed up, or they made a mistake that (I hope) they'll eventually catch.

What a giant mess!

Here is a screenshot of the part of contract I was talking about now that I'm where I can get to it. Just in case it helps someone.
Screenshot 2021-07-27 022947.png

What document is this from? I don't have that section in the "Loan Agreement" document I have.
That is from the last page of my loan agreement document. Your contract might look different due to your being in a different state. Most states have standard contract form for auto sales and they aren't always identical. I just posted it as an example of the sort of thing to look for. If your loan wasn't financed yet at the time of your delivery it may not have anything there.