TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Still no Model X homologation

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Jjdsyd, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jjdsyd

Jjdsyd Member

Got an email from Tesla on Wednesday telling me that my car has arrived in Aus but that they have still not sorted homologation. They hope to be able to register the car within two weeks.

Is this just poor management by Tesla? They've known these cars we're coming for 2 years +. What do other manufacturers do with new models?

2. rowdy

rowdy Member

• Informative x 1
  3. MOBI63

MOBI63 Member

This topic is discussed in the thread "Model X Launch in Oz".

I dont think this is poor management, its a result of the close scrutiny Tesla is under, and public information about its intentions.

Basically a production car has to be presented to the Australian authorities for the homologation process, this cannot be done
    from the plans or a pre-production model.
    Other manufacturers start production, apply for the registration of said model THEN announce the new model.

• Informative x 1
  4. baillies

baillies Member

This just looks like model X, I thought there are seperate registrations for each battery size/model of S? Is there still more stages to be completed?

5. rowdy

rowdy Member

If you click through on the document reference you will see entries for 60D 75D 90D P90D and P100D

I've also had a test drive confirmed for Monday afternoon so it seems everything is in order :)

• Like x 1
  6. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

7. houdini

houdini Member

Got an email today stating X's available now for test drives in Melbourne. Assume this means it's happened now and deliveries can start :)

8. Murbs

Murbs Member

The paperwork was finalized last Friday as per post #2 above :rolleyes:

9. Jjdsyd

Jjdsyd Member

I keep getting "update" emails that say "we don't know when you'll be getting the car". But, they did assure me that they won't ask me to pay for the car until they have a delivery date... what a relief!