Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still no Model X homologation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email from Tesla on Wednesday telling me that my car has arrived in Aus but that they have still not sorted homologation. They hope to be able to register the car within two weeks.

Is this just poor management by Tesla? They've known these cars we're coming for 2 years +. What do other manufacturers do with new models?

Got an email from Tesla on Wednesday telling me that my car has arrived in Aus but that they have still not sorted homologation. They hope to be able to register the car within two weeks.

Is this just poor management by Tesla? They've known these cars we're coming for 2 years +. What do other manufacturers do with new models?
This topic is discussed in the thread "Model X Launch in Oz".

I dont think this is poor management, its a result of the close scrutiny Tesla is under, and public information about its intentions.

Basically a production car has to be presented to the Australian authorities for the homologation process, this cannot be done
from the plans or a pre-production model.
Other manufacturers start production, apply for the registration of said model THEN announce the new model.

• Informative
Reactions: Blue heaven