Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still no regen after replacing ABS sensors; other errors remain 2012 S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replacing wheel sensors was sure to be the fix, but maybe it’s the wheel bearing? TRQ wheel bearings are installed and have been fine for a year, but it’s something to consider. There’s a rattle, loose knock, seems like the wheel bearing would not make those noises. The noises have been around for awhile. I’m using 600 wh/m, it’s insane. I’m kind of out of ideas. Is there too much brake fluid? I’m 1/4” above max arrow. I can check the fuses but I don’t think that’s it.

Attachments

• 3D169251-AAAB-48C9-BAE1-49BD310259C3.jpeg
    3D169251-AAAB-48C9-BAE1-49BD310259C3.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 86C7E352-6B13-4045-8A1F-59A751E894B6.jpeg
    86C7E352-6B13-4045-8A1F-59A751E894B6.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 45
Could literally be anything if you cannot read internal fault codes
I finally ordered the OBDlink MX+, and the appropriate cable for my 2012. Hopefully I can find an app that can be of value.
In the meantime, energy usage is insanely high!!!
1/210 Wh/m for a 1 mile, 6-minute drive to the superchargers. The correlation between inefficiency and the ABS, traction and stability disabled, it has to be more than the fact that regen isn’t there and I’m fighting the propulsion of the car with the brake pedal. It’s incredibly unsafe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 39
For record’ sake, when I removed the right rear wheel bearing the tone ring was still in there, just leaning on the axle. The new SKF wheel bearing installed easily and the problem with no regen, etc, went away. Avoid TRQ wheel bearings. Not even a full year old.

• Informative
Reactions: Gtech
The energy consumption may have been a separate issue. It has now been remedied, but it was warming my battery for supercharging no matter what. Even when the car was sitting for a full day and I lost 11% battery, it was continually keeping battery at optimum charging temperature. Eek!
The motor had a noisy squeel under acceleration, which helps with the warming process I’ve learned.