Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still no Tesla app for Norway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Model S app has not yet been been released in the iPhone app store for Norway, but is available in other European markets like Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, France, Italy, etc. Which is kind of odd because Tesla has sold a few cars here. Does anyone know why the Tesla app is still not available in the Norway app store?

I've been able to download the app from an US app store account to my iPhone. (Which is only a minor hassle for me, but I'dguess it would be a hurdle for most owners. Not a good ownership experience.) The app seems to have huge problems connecting to the car. Specially when the car has not been active for a while, like when I want to turn on the heat in the morning. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. It seems to be a common problem experienced by most if not all Norwegian owners. Is this problem isolated to Norway, or do you experience this elesewhere in Europe / north America?

Someone has been mumbling something about the signalling from the mobile phone network not waking up the car. Does anyone have more details on that?

The problem with the app taking a long time to wake up the S might relate to the v.5.x software, which has a deeper sleep mode to reduce vampire loss. Owners on this side of the Atlantic are reporting this issue in new deliveries here (which arrive with v.5.x). All European deliveries have v.5.x onboard. Do a search here on TMC and use volkerize.com to search the TM site for more info on v.5 s/w and deep sleep.