Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still not getting grid failure notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Powerwalls for a year now and they work great, however, after trying everything I am still not getting grid failure notifications. I have an iPhone11, latest IOS. I am a a knowledgeable user. Notifications are turned on in the phone settings as well as the tick box in the app. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app. I have signed out and in. I DO get the “stormwatch activated” notifications but nothing when there’s a grid failure. Yesterday we had a 15 minute outage- I had no idea because the walls worked as planned but I want to know when it happens in case it’s longer so I can conserve power. I communicated with support about this months ago and they eventually forgot about it. I see in other threads it’s a problem. Any new news or ideas? Thanks.

I dont remember getting any grid down notifications either. I do get the "stormwatch" ones fairly reliably now though. I havent seen anyone say they have come up with a solution, once all the stuff you mentioned is checked (notification settings etc).

I am positive all my notification settings are correct but dont remember any grid down notifications, so I think this is still an issue.

Saw something strange when I looked at my own backup events just now in the app. The Impact does’t show any recent backup events, but if I view all the events, I see a bunch of events, mostly 5 minutes, that I was unaware of. I’m pretty sure most of those don’t correspond to real grid outages. What gives?

E0FAFAE3-FD06-4DBF-A91C-95894951A9FB.jpeg
54405FCC-30B3-4AD9-A382-5960F05ED4E4.jpeg

Saw something strange when I looked at my own backup events just now in the app. The Impact does’t show any recent backup events, but if I view all the events, I see a bunch of events, mostly 5 minutes, that I was unaware of. I’m pretty sure most of those don’t correspond to real grid outages. What gives?

View attachment 755050View attachment 755051

They could be dirty power from your connection to the grid or something.

@MorrisonHiker had something similar where they got dozens (hundreds?) of outages like that, that ended up being something with their local grid it took a while to get resolved.

Tagging them here to see if they can explain that better.

Coincidentally, had a real grid outage today. I'm swamped with notifications--the electric company texts, PumpSpy texts, my alarm system notifies & Tesla pushes.

PumpSpy came at 16:55, Tesla came at 16:55 & electric co came at 17:01. No alarm notification as alarm has own backup battery and probably never noticed the transition to PW. Makes me think Tesla notification was instant.

Grid was restored in about an hour. Surprisingly, don't see a return to grid notification from Tesla, maybe I accidentally deleted it. I usually get those.

to OP ... i have tesla app set to most annoying notification level and it is still hit and miss whether i am notified of grid outage .. i would estimate 75% i am not notified .. at times i have been notified when i know outage was seconds .. other-times not notified of 20 min outage ..this is the one thing i would not mind being notified at 3am of but 🤷🏻‍♂️