Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on factory software build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new model Y built in January 2021, and took delivery on 01/22/2021. It still has the factory software build 2020.39.110 as of 02/08/2021. When I go to software, and click on the advanced button, it will check for updates, and change to software up-to-date as of the date and time I click the button. I talked to Tesla, and they were able to remote and see it has a good LAN connection. They then researched and said it was due to my build not having an current software update that will work with it yet, and that one should be coming soon.

Is that normal?

Reactions: Alex Philips
Yes, but I would suggest, if you are near a Service Center, to stop by and very nicely ask if they could put a request into Engineering to push the update.

However, I suspect you have a heated steering wheel, and that factory build supports it but is severely backlevel from the main distributions. In this case, you (and everyone with this version) will have to wait until that hardware support code is in the main release stream.

Out of curiosity, do your Tesla Arcade games work, or do some/all of them say "awaiting download?"

Yes, but I would suggest, if you are near a Service Center, to stop by and very nicely ask if they could put a request into Engineering to push the update.

However, I suspect you have a heated steering wheel, and that factory build supports it but is severely backlevel from the main distributions. In this case, you (and everyone with this version) will have to wait until that hardware support code is in the main release stream.

Out of curiosity, do your Tesla Arcade games work, or do some/all of them say "awaiting download?"
The arcade games I tried worked.

I'm in the same boat as @DavidES and this version sometimes loses the DashCam and I have to do a reboot of the system. Also, it has rebooted on me driving a couple of times. But the real reason I want to update is to get the custom sounds for my external speaker! :rolleyes:
DashCam and Centry Mode work good for me so far, and I love it. I wish it would stream to the Tesla phone app though. I want the boombox as well.

You have the heated steering wheel which has not be merged into the standard code base.

No one has received any meaningful updates since the holiday piece of trash. Count yourself lucky.

My 2021 model Y LR s/n 104### 2020.39.110
1. Metal scroll wheels
2. No heated steering wheel option on display
3. No stitching at 10 & 2 like old wheel
4. No sound from ext speaker in reverse or any other time
5. Asking to turn on heated wheel results in failed to turn on message.
6. Verified it has the new seat risers as well (from ordering mats)
7. Has Tesla flash drive in glove box (works perfectly)
8. Very good panel alignment (not perfect, but good)
9. Old headlights (not new LED)

FF932E1E-7B52-4425-8C97-FEC510DC23FB.jpeg 1612D554-C646-464E-A1B7-0B37F47322F3.jpeg 90E5A7FD-05A4-49AB-A675-3F32B6E141BF.jpeg

1. Metal scroll wheels

View attachment 635252 View attachment 635253 View attachment 635254

it is strange that you don’t have the heated steering wheel with vin 104xxx!

There are reports that heated steering wheel in 99xxx, 100xxx, 103xxx, 105xxx...

New version 2021.4.3 is available now, maybe you will get heated steering wheel after the update.

If it is still not there, check with the SA to see what they say.
Maybe you have a defective hardware, and the software cannot detect its present.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
1. Metal scroll wheels

View attachment 635252 View attachment 635253 View attachment 635254

My Model Y was also built in Jan and picked up on 1/26 with 106XXX VIN and the software build upon delivery was 2020.39.110 and did have steering wheel option at that time. It just got updated to 2021.4.3 last night and I do have the heated steering wheel /Boom Box after the update in addition to the other updates you have mentioned.

I got the update as well this morning, and have all the new software changes including boombox, but still no heated steering wheel. Again, my s/n is 104###
Why is Tesla being so hush, hush about the status of the heated steering wheel? Is it going to be enabled via software for older vehicles? If not, fine but where is the new part number in the catalog?