Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on Software Version 12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Anyone in the SFO Bay Area still on 2019.12.1.2?
I'm in East Bay. I have never had this long a gap for the software updates. The car is always connected to a really good WiFi both at home garage and work garage. I have a LR, EAP, and FSD (bought with the car back in July 2018). All my friends and colleagues are already on 2019.20.1. I got Tesla on Chat yesterday to find out and I was told that my region and my car does not have any update available yet. It's hard to buy this when I told her that all my friends are on 2019.16.X or 2019.20.1, she said, they might have a different car configuration.

So anybody still on 12.1.2 around this area with the similar car config?

I'm still on 7.107. Is that old? I have sentry and dog modes avail so I'm assuming it's not that old.

Yes. Make sure you are on a strong wifi signal as much as possible (either at night, or use your phone as a hotspot while driving). If you already are on wifi often, go to tesla.com/support and ask them if an update is stuck. It happened to me with 8.5 --> 2019.12

I am still on it in Texas and want the next update. The 12.1.2 version usually crashes around once an hour during road trips and on one occasion froze up and autopilot drifted out of the lane on a turn doing 80mph on the highway where I had to take over without any notifications. It is hard to tell when it freezes up sometimes and unless you notice the map freezes or shifts from current speed to D it is hard to see. The biggest issue I have is you lose all sounds for blinkers and anything else when resetting the system. I am not sure if I would have been notified when autopilot drifted out of the lane with a chime, but after 9000+ miles that is the worst failure I have seen out of autopilot.

I wanted to post the same thing and glad I am not the only one. Model 3 LR RWD, 2018 July. Livermore CA. Park in the garage with connection to home Wi-Fi. Still stuck in 2019.12.1..2.

I'm in Livermore too (Springtown), July 2018 build (VIN: 47xxx) Model 3 (Red, 19' wheels), LR RWD, with EAP and FSD. I park in wifi connected garage at home, and at work, in Dublin also park in wifi connected garage. So generally it's connected to wifi about 22 hours every day.