Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on V10 and LTE connectivity still works.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an FYI thread as I much prefer V10 over the V11 UI downgrade; probably just jinxed myself but the car's connectivity seems unchanged and is working as it always did.. I'll report back on this thread if it changes

You may not have to go V11 to keep your connectivity!

Just an FYI thread as I much prefer V10 over the V11 UI downgrade; probably just jinxed myself but the car's connectivity seems unchanged and is working as it always did.. I'll report back on this thread if it changes

You may not have to go V11 to keep your connectivity!
I never understood why Teslas with 4G LTE modems and pre-V11 UI firmwares won't continue to work, unless Tesla knows something top secret about the AT&T Enterprise cellular network.

I never understood why Teslas with 4G LTE modems and pre-V11 UI firmwares won't continue to work, unless Tesla knows something top secret about the AT&T Enterprise cellular network.
The more I think about it, and am repeating myself now, I think the warning about 'may' not work was to get folks who didn't want to go to V11 to feel like they had no choice and force them to update

From what I've heard, Tesla knows how underwhelmed folks were with V11 (I'm being polite)

Do you have an unlimited data plan? Using your phone as a hotspot every time you drive could be expensive.
I thought of that but then I realized it is almost exactly what I've always done BT (before Tesla) on road trips before, though with the added benefit of Apple CarPlay w/Waze and proper hands-free group text etc

Though it's nice, I don't really need to do so for just around town but if I want the map + traffic...

Same. v10, still connecting as usual.

I heard mixed messages about AT&T delay the 3G shut down. I assume we are on borrowed time.
From what I've read it wasn't that some suit in Dallas flipped a switch that shut down the whole ATT 3G network everywhere simultaneously. ATT shut down 3G so that it could use the allocation for LTE and 5G. So they probably are gradually doing the conversion. It was probably easier to set a fixed deadline so no one could claim to be shocked when their flip phone became a paperweight.

Reactions: Msjulie and OxBrew
Never paid attention before but captured these connectivity indicators at home, a couple miles from home (up hill) and 10-12 miles away from home this afternoon. Yeah, a little obsessed here

atHomeLTE.JPGfullLTE5milesFromHome.JPG12MilesFromHome.JPG