Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on very old software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought TESLA 3 Performance on 9th Jan 2020, Current version: V9.0 (2019.31.104 035bd27). Car has always been parked with full strength wifi. Tried 5 times tapping on Advanced button to force software update and also holding the Advanced button trick. Nothing seem to have worked. Do you know how to force software update?
Feel sad learning about all the new features which sadly I can't experience ;(

This is asked about once a week by new owners and probably should be told at time of sale. NEW cars take up to a few weeks before they start getting updates. Sit back and relax, enjoy what you have. You will start getting updates soon and it will continue.

Reactions: holmgang
This is asked about once a week by new owners and probably should be told at time of sale. NEW cars take up to a few weeks before they start getting updates. Sit back and relax, enjoy what you have. You will start getting updates soon and it will continue.
I was hoping to see car handed over to me with latest and greatest software. May be I was being over optimistic. Thanks for your reply

Tried 5 times tapping on Advanced button to force software update and also holding the Advanced button trick. Nothing seem to have worked.

That’s because this has never worked. This was debunked shortly after it was reported. There is no way to force your car to get new updates. It downloads them when the update is available for your VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: Matsayz and KerryOH
Open a service appointment in the app about software version. They will check the server and push the update to you. I’ve had this done for a few cars/friends.
Many thanks for the tip. Logged service request for software update in the afternoon and got text soon after asking to connect car to a reliable WiFi. Got my update in 10 mins. All sorted. This was quick. Once again many thanks

I have had my 2013 model s 85 for 2 yrs I haven't got and update still on version 8.1 000
2020-03-27 13.05.53.jpg

I have had my 2013 model s 85 for 2 yrs I haven't got and update still on version 8.1 000View attachment 526432

If this isnt by choice, you should request an update asap... although I suspect that it actually IS your choice and you are choosing to stay on version 8. Just a guess, and if its wrong, you definitely should request an update.