Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still sourcing parts??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More than two weeks and they're still sourcing parts? For cryin' out loud, don't they know where to get parts yet? Heck, I'll go make some phone calls for them and find the parts, at this point the robots should be putting this thing together - sheez!!! :cursing:

(Sorry, the wait is starting to get to me...)

Thanks Pilot_51, and yes Lerxt it is - but 4+ months is a very long time, I don't envy your wait.

On the other hand, look how long it took to invent a car like the Tesla, we're still lucky to be on this part of the curve. :)

This is a joke thread right? I've been waiting 4 month with the same thing, others have waited more.
I think that's because the warp drive is still in early R&D. :wink: Also maybe because Model S only recently started shipping to China, like several other countries and like North America was just a couple years ago. Some people have waited years, especially those who reserved before production or before it started shipping to their country. While I only ordered recently, I've been dreaming of owning a Tesla vehicle for over 6 years and saving up for about 2 years (without a car, I might add), so I kind of understand how much it sucks to wait. Though, maybe not so much what it's like to be in the dark on an order pending for several months.

Last edited:
Hey I have to follow up on this - I emailed MSP today, asking about the ranger service, and casually about how long the "sourcing parts" notice will be on my Tesla page. Got the answer right away: "...till 5/26, with your brand new Tesla available for pickup around the 6th of June". What a great answer that was!! :smile::smile::smile: I need to get some garage wiring done...

Hey I have to follow up on this - I emailed MSP today, asking about the ranger service, and casually about how long the "sourcing parts" notice will be on my Tesla page. Got the answer right away: "...till 5/26, with your brand new Tesla available for pickup around the 6th of June". What a great answer that was!! :smile::smile::smile: I need to get some garage wiring done...

Congrats. I am nervous for the first time about my status. I am still sourcing parts and I am 11 days away from delivery and in Texas. Early in the process I was told to allow 3-5 days for production and 7-10 days for transport to Houston. Not looking good.

Jason

Congrats. I am nervous for the first time about my status. I am still sourcing parts and I am 11 days away from delivery and in Texas. Early in the process I was told to allow 3-5 days for production and 7-10 days for transport to Houston. Not looking good.

Jason

Don't be nervous...check my signature... mine went into production 8 days before delivery, production complete 2 days before delivery. Just a little more patience. Worth the wait.

Same boat here. ETA is June 7th. I bought my wire today.

I'm apparently 15 days away from delivery and still "sourcing parts" as well. If Tesla only knew how many times I check MYTESLA! ;)

Ordered 4/3; Confirmed 4/4; VIN received on 4/18; Projected delivery May 21, 2014. Fingers crossed for an early surprise!

I received my VIN on 4/19 (#40702) but my projected delivery is June 7th. I guess it takes that much longer to transport to the East Coast.

My wife and I ordered in January and requested a May delivery date since that was when the lease on our Leaf was up. They called end of Feb. and said they could deliver in March, we declined. A couple of weeks ago they called to tell us it would be ready and we could pick it up 5/14. Then said it would be ready for pick early 5/7 (today). I had to decline for work reasons. No worries we'll see you on 5/14. Web site said sourcing parts since we hit the order button until two weeks ago. Then it said in production. Today I checked and it said your car is being prepped for delivery.
Relax it will all be OK and the car will delivered in a timely manner. :biggrin:

I'm in the same boat - confirmed order April 8th, delivery scheduled May 23rd - status just changed today from "sourcing parts" to "being in production".

Damn tennisman! Congrats!

I confirmed 4/4, delivery scheduled for May 22nd, but "still sourcing." My DS had told me previously that the car was slated to arrive in Orange County on the 19th, but then would figure that the car would hit production by now...Crossing fingers that the delivery date stays true!