TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Still sourcing parts??

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ghost640, May 5, 2014.

1. ghost640

ghost640 Member

More than two weeks and they're still sourcing parts? For cryin' out loud, don't they know where to get parts yet? Heck, I'll go make some phone calls for them and find the parts, at this point the robots should be putting this thing together - sheez!!! :cursing:

(Sorry, the wait is starting to get to me...)

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Patience. It WILL be worth it when the time comes.

3. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

Judging by the Order & Delivery Tracker, production will start approximately one month after your VIN is assigned. Until then, it will say sourcing parts.

4. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

This is a joke thread right? I've been waiting 4 month with the same thing, others have waited more.

5. ghost640

ghost640 Member

Thanks Pilot_51, and yes Lerxt it is - but 4+ months is a very long time, I don't envy your wait.

On the other hand, look how long it took to invent a car like the Tesla, we're still lucky to be on this part of the curve. :)

6. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

#6 Pilot_51, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    I think that's because the warp drive is still in early R&D. :wink: Also maybe because Model S only recently started shipping to China, like several other countries and like North America was just a couple years ago. Some people have waited years, especially those who reserved before production or before it started shipping to their country. While I only ordered recently, I've been dreaming of owning a Tesla vehicle for over 6 years and saving up for about 2 years (without a car, I might add), so I kind of understand how much it sucks to wait. Though, maybe not so much what it's like to be in the dark on an order pending for several months.

7. ghost640

ghost640 Member

Hey I have to follow up on this - I emailed MSP today, asking about the ranger service, and casually about how long the "sourcing parts" notice will be on my Tesla page. Got the answer right away: "...till 5/26, with your brand new Tesla available for pickup around the 6th of June". What a great answer that was!! :smile::smile::smile: I need to get some garage wiring done...

8. Tx02Ag

Tx02Ag Member

Congrats. I am nervous for the first time about my status. I am still sourcing parts and I am 11 days away from delivery and in Texas. Early in the process I was told to allow 3-5 days for production and 7-10 days for transport to Houston. Not looking good.

Jason

9. leshore

leshore Member

Don't be nervous...check my signature... mine went into production 8 days before delivery, production complete 2 days before delivery. Just a little more patience. Worth the wait.

10. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Same boat here. ETA is June 7th. I bought my wire today.

11. theGshow

theGshow Member

I'm apparently 15 days away from delivery and still "sourcing parts" as well. If Tesla only knew how many times I check MYTESLA! ;)

Ordered 4/3; Confirmed 4/4; VIN received on 4/18; Projected delivery May 21, 2014. Fingers crossed for an early surprise!

12. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I received my VIN on 4/19 (#40702) but my projected delivery is June 7th. I guess it takes that much longer to transport to the East Coast.

13. tiblot

tiblot Member

Same here, VIN 4/18 with delivery June 5.

14. Tx02Ag

Tx02Ag Member

I'm on to the next stage. Went into production at about 6pm Central Time.

15. ghost640

ghost640 Member

Woohoo - congrats! :smile:

16. CDT

CDT Member

My wife and I ordered in January and requested a May delivery date since that was when the lease on our Leaf was up. They called end of Feb. and said they could deliver in March, we declined. A couple of weeks ago they called to tell us it would be ready and we could pick it up 5/14. Then said it would be ready for pick early 5/7 (today). I had to decline for work reasons. No worries we'll see you on 5/14. Web site said sourcing parts since we hit the order button until two weeks ago. Then it said in production. Today I checked and it said your car is being prepped for delivery.
    Relax it will all be OK and the car will delivered in a timely manner. :biggrin:

17. Gastogne

Gastogne Member

Be happy you're not from Europe. My 'Sourcing Parts' status was for like 100 days.

18. tennisman

tennisman Member

I'm in the same boat - confirmed order April 8th, delivery scheduled May 23rd - status just changed today from "sourcing parts" to "being in production".

19. Tx02Ag

Tx02Ag Member

Make sure you check your dashboard for Delivery Date. I was able to hit edit and move it up a couple of days.

Jason

20. theGshow

theGshow Member

Damn tennisman! Congrats!

I confirmed 4/4, delivery scheduled for May 22nd, but "still sourcing." My DS had told me previously that the car was slated to arrive in Orange County on the 19th, but then would figure that the car would hit production by now...Crossing fingers that the delivery date stays true!