TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Still Waitin on 8

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BobinBoulder, Oct 6, 2016.

1. BobinBoulder

BobinBoulder Member

Not a sign of 8.0 on my horizon as of yet. Kinda feeling a bit left out here. Is anyone else still waiting to get the upgrade?

Anyone think that the upgrades have been halted to fix some early bugs that were found and now it will be more of an 8.1 relase?

What's the current theory out there?

2. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Member

Still waiting for 8.0 as well. I definitely think the roll-out to the masses has been paused while they fix a few issues. Honestly though, even if I get the notification for 8.0, I won't be installing it until I know the media player has been fixed.

3. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

The upgrades have clearly been stopped - they gave a few cars a new version (2.38.19) last weekend, then nothing since. Only a couple Xs have any form of 8, and I think no one outside the U.S.

4. Miltonian

Miltonian Member

Finally got mine 15 minutes ago. I'm in Canada with a Model S 70D

5. JayRo

JayRo Member

+1 on CANADA, look forward to seeing the new features.

6. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

2.40.21 is going out to lots of folks, including Xs, all over the world this afternoon it seems.

7. TMobe

TMobe I have forgotten more than I remember

Not sure if this is helpful but I was waiting and waiting for mine as well. I finally decided to get my car connected to the home wifi and 15 min later I had my 8.0 update pop up. May just be a coincidence.

8. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

No coincidence. Tesla dropped a version of 8.0 for all of us this afternoon and prioritizes cars that are on Wi-Fi.

• Informative x 1
  9. Big-Al

Big-Al Member

I have a refreshed 70D and got my 8.0 update within days of its release.. I was connected to my home wi-fi.

10. MrBigSmiles

MrBigSmiles Member

I'm here in the states in CA and I am still waiting for my OTA for v8.0. I think its time to visit the SC!

11. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Don't be too disappointed, while I like 8 more than 7 there are a few bugs that are sort of annoying (no I'm not talking about the USB\media player issue) that I hope get worked out soon...

Jeff

12. dohmer

dohmer Member

I'm not sure if it really prioritizes wifi for this round. But I was not connected on wifi when i got the notification. Everything downloaded via LTE.

13. BobinBoulder

BobinBoulder Member

Still no sign of 8.0 on my car. Did I loose or win the lottery?

14. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Member

Dunno but the latest version of 8 is still plagued with restarts. I have a loaner with 2.40.21 and the MCU restarted three times yesterday.

15. sbtz

sbtz Member

Nothing here. Picked up on Oct-07, got a minor update for 7.1, then nothing since. Connected to wifi via a hotspot most of the time.

16. Trackpad

Trackpad Member

I took delivery of a 75D on 9/29. Also got a minor update 6 days later, and still waiting for 8.0.

17. JClu

JClu Member

I also took delivery of my 90D on 9/29. I have not gotten any minor update, let alone 8.0. Asked the SC about it a couple times, and all they could say was that Tesla is rolling out 8.0 slowly, and they cannot give me a timeline.

18. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Just to add a data point: I've had no restarts since installing V8.

19. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

Be careful what you wish for. I've had 8 for a couple weeks. It's cool because its new, but on balance, I wish I could go back.

20. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

Keep enjoying complete control of you air conditioner. Once you update to 8.0 Tesla knows better what settings you need and overrides what you select.

Once you update you'll start to enjoy the wonderful aroma of exhaust fumes filling the cabin of you zero emission vehicle unless you know the super secret settings that make recirc work.