Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still waiting... China gets theirs first!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Donutguru

Jun 24, 2016
LA
I wish tesla would make cars in which reservations were made in the US first before they send them overseas... I know i have a 5 seater more basic model waiting to be built, but have been waiting since dec 2015. I know the bottom line is important, but i just dont have a need for more seats or a larger battery, and it sucks to have to still be waiting!

Thanks for hearing me vent TMC

Reactions: beths11
Some people have gotten their vins at least for the 75s and i still have not... The first 5 chinese MXs have already gone out. I feel as if they are gonna ship over there first and leave the people with 75D reservations with 5 seats on the backburner even longer...

Some people have gotten their vins at least for the 75s and i still have not... The first 5 chinese MXs have already gone out. I feel as if they are gonna ship over there first and leave the people with 75D reservations with 5 seats on the backburner even longer...
Pretty sure the Chinese ones are all 90D or P90D. Not 75. I don't think anyone in the world has received a 75 Model X yet.

From what I can see, no one with a 5-seat configuration has gotten a VIN yet. Speculation is that the 5-seater is going through significant re-design, so it's not ready yet. No point in holding up the production line for a product that isn't fully designed. Tesla has got to keep the line moving and delivery vehicles as quickly as they can. If that means shipping out overseas, then that's what they've got to do.