TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Still waiting... China gets theirs first!?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Donutguru, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Donutguru

Donutguru New Member

I wish tesla would make cars in which reservations were made in the US first before they send them overseas... I know i have a 5 seater more basic model waiting to be built, but have been waiting since dec 2015. I know the bottom line is important, but i just dont have a need for more seats or a larger battery, and it sucks to have to still be waiting!

Thanks for hearing me vent TMC

• Like x 1
  2. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

If you ordered it in Dec 2015, you should have received the car by now. Call Tesla to find out what's going on.

3. Donutguru

Donutguru New Member

From my feeling and surfing the forums here it is mainly because mine is a 5 seater... I dont know anyone that has a 75D with 5 seater yet... Someone prove me wrong!

4. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

75D is not in production yet i believe, there are at least two other threads talking about 75D production.

5. Donutguru

Donutguru New Member

Some people have gotten their vins at least for the 75s and i still have not... The first 5 chinese MXs have already gone out. I feel as if they are gonna ship over there first and leave the people with 75D reservations with 5 seats on the backburner even longer...

6. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Pretty sure the Chinese ones are all 90D or P90D. Not 75. I don't think anyone in the world has received a 75 Model X yet.

7. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

From what I can see, no one with a 5-seat configuration has gotten a VIN yet. Speculation is that the 5-seater is going through significant re-design, so it's not ready yet. No point in holding up the production line for a product that isn't fully designed. Tesla has got to keep the line moving and delivery vehicles as quickly as they can. If that means shipping out overseas, then that's what they've got to do.