Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still waiting for 2019.8.15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like majority of the model 3 (based on TeslaFi) got updated. However, Model S / X updates have been very slow. Why no love?
Looks like a lot of testing on the S/X for 2019.8 as they keep tweaking and adding another 8.X release.

8% is pretty good. Bet it shoots up next week.

axj7PYX.jpg

Agree that S and X updates of some firmware have been slow, yet the comment remined me of something else. And this is NOT a criticism of people whom love to get the latest and greatest thing. I also tend to be an early adopter, but not for software as sophisticated as the Tesla software.

I follow the ole adage of Samuel Clemens, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I'm on an older firmware rev from a few months ago and frankly, I don't care to update it unless something really spectacular and worthwhile comes along where I see most people saying it actually works. What I have now is great for me, no problems, so I don't want to update and risk new problems for no real advantage. I've been ignoring its desire to update my firmware, especially since it does not tell me in advance what version it is going to install. I'll let you folks work out those bugs :D

I'm hopeful that you folks have good success with the updates, so I can eventually follow, yet now sit and watch ;)

Reactions: P85_DA
Seems like majority of the model 3 (based on TeslaFi) got updated. However, Model S / X updates have been very slow. Why no love?
Not sure regarding the rollout structure for updates, but I'm one of those Model 3 owners that is on 2018.50.6 still. I don't mind as there is rumor Tesla will halt release if bug found, working out severity and/or fix before continuing rollout.

If you're overly concerned, contact Tesla; they can push update to your vehicle.

All the talk about the no confirm lane change and sentry mode, I am not hearing about how the nagging is way less sensitive on the newer build!

I do like sentry mode being activated from phone. Now they just need to give us notices when things are captured

All the talk about the no confirm lane change and sentry mode, I am not hearing about how the nagging is way less sensitive on the newer build!

I have noticed no change in mine. Nag interval seems about the same. It absolutely will not change lanes automatically if you are not hanging on. Perhaps the warning shake is used somehow in that detection. So far though, I really like the way it works. Way better than the ack required mode, IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah still twiddling thumbs here. I have AP2.5 model x. Still on 2018.50.6, which puts me in the bottom 3% if you use teslafi as a surrogate.

I’m not usually the last to get to get updates... guess it’s my turn now. Maybe it’s because I didn’t upgrade to FSD with the recent “sale.” Tried the double scroll wheel reboot, and my car always sits in strong WiFi. You can try to do all these things but until Tesla calls your number, not sure if they do anything besides make us feel like we’ve done something to deserve a speedy update.

My wife’s 3 is also in the bottom 3% as well, she’s on 2019.5.15. Wonder if they lump cars from the same account into similar upgrade paths.