Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still Waiting for Elon's Blog Post on Autopilot Update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally what? EM has just mastered the art of over promising. I don't care if he does do a QA at 11 tomorrow... Still shouldn't have tweeted it. As he knows more than others stuff comes up and that could get scrapped. Resulting in 4th missed deadline. Tomorrow is Sunday... No one was expecting anything... Till he logged onto Twitter. again.

This is not a private company. Not only is it public... He is asking for more money.
So as you are a TSLA shareholder, demand a vote to fire him. Your campaign wil go nowhere.

Your complaining accomplishes nothing. I suggest you sell your TSLA and invest in another company whose management you approve of.

Last edited:
I forgot exploring the next frontier has no personal advantages to a driven wealthy person. All sacrifice. Personally I'd rather be creating new car companies that at the fastest in the world and launching rockets vs living on a island. No matter my net worth.
Then I suggest you work on that, if that is what you'd rather be doing.

Because somehow, in between all the over-promising you're going on about, he managed to do the following (and more) in the last ten years (and this list doesn't even include SpaceX achievements-not a single one):
Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 5.41.46 PM.png
Again, I suggest you go create that new car company you say you'd rather be doing, and let Elon do his thing. So far that seems to be working out pretty well for the world.

Also, you might think about what you personally have accomplished in the last ten years and compare it against Elon's list. I know when I look at my achievements, mine are pretty paltry.

It is what it is. Anyone on this forum that truly expects Elon to hit a deadline is like someone with a drunk spouse who thinks this is going to be the time they stop drinking.

Name a car that you've purchased ever that gets free upgrades as it goes? I think BMW changed my Bluetooth menu once. Other than that the Model S has gotten progressively better, post sale, for free. I'm not going to poke my finger in the chest of the person responsible and demand more.

Anyone here knows that they generally exceed most expectations and it's almost never when they say it's going to happen. So if you have a post count of over like, I don't know... three: stop acting like you're shocked by the delay.
Whoa whoa whoa, I am not shocked by the delay, just wanted to gauge the level of excitement for the post... maybe I could've worded it better.

Finally what? EM has just mastered the art of over promising. I don't care if he does do a QA at 11 tomorrow... Still shouldn't have tweeted it. As he knows more than others stuff comes up and that could get scrapped. Resulting in 4th missed deadline. Tomorrow is Sunday... No one was expecting anything... Till he logged onto Twitter. again.

This is not a private company. Not only is it public... He is asking for more money.
Is there a"stupid" moderation I could use?

I am not a twitter savvy fellow - but I thought Tweets were required to be short (150 characters or so) and so how can it be an avenue for an announcement?

Heh, it can be a 140-character announcement :)

A tweet can also include a URL and an image.

From what I have found so far, the press questions will not be available online in real time. The "post" I presume will appear at noon PDT here:

Updates | Tesla