Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still waiting for price cut on AP/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might hope that it means that you'd get any required hardware update for FSD when it's available. But at least on my account page, this is not stated. If I already had EAP, there's no way that I'd plunk down another $2k for non-existent features. Ask the people that already paid $3k or more for FSD how that went.
I agree. Do you hear a but coming? BUT what if they really do deliver what is generally considered as FSD? Tesla and or Elon have delivered numerous things that the suppossed experts, the wanna be experts, think there an expert experts and the real experts all said couldn't be done. If that happens do you really think you'll be able to purchase that for 2K? Seriously.

Wait no auto lane change? AP1 has this though.
Hmm..

Is this written somewhere?

To me when they mention “auto lane change” as being part of the FSD features in the new packages I would assume they are referring to Navigate on Autopilot.

Auto lane change, which by the way calling it Auto has always seemed odd to me, has always a been part of the Auto Steer function. I dont see them cripiling Auto Steer by taking away the ability to switch lanes. Early on in the AP2 days it was actually released without lane changing abilities and it was a real pain to have to disengage auto steer every time you needed to switch lanes.

To me when they mention “auto lane change” as being part of the FSD features in the new packages I would assume they are referring to Navigate on Autopilot.

Auto lane change, which by the way calling it Auto has always seemed odd to me, has always a been part of the Auto Steer function. I dont see them cripiling Auto Steer by taking away the ability to switch lanes. Early on in the AP2 days it was actually released without lane changing abilities and it was a real pain to have to disengage auto steer every time you needed to switch lanes.

I guess real world testing will verify.

Wait no auto lane change? AP1 has this though.
Hmm..

Is this written somewhere?
I'm not at all sure the current stripped down AP is the equivalent of AP1. I'd be very interested to see what someone who just purchased it has to say. Would be especially helpful if it were someone who had also had an AP1 car previously to make a first hand comparison.

I'm not at all sure the current stripped down AP is the equivalent of AP1. I'd be very interested to see what someone who just purchased it has to say. Would be especially helpful if it were someone who had also had an AP1 car previously to make a first hand comparison.

Ive owned an AP1 90D until 2018 so I’ll be able to provide a comparison

Has anyone with a Model S seen the price drop to $2000?

This is my price now. S75D. I have EAP.

38F654D5-A3DB-488D-BF56-4E499A1D2699.jpeg

Purchased my 2017 S75 pre-owned in November 2018 - no EAP or FSD. My account currently shows AP for $4k and AP + FSD for $11k. I'll jump on it if / when it drops to $5k.

My wife received her Model 3 Mid-Range in December 2018, and after using EAP on a 30-day trial, we purchased it for $5.5k. FSD is now available for $2k. We're not sure if we're going to purchase it right away.

I for one will be looking forward to hearing your comparison. When do you expect to purchase AP or are you undecided about buying the package?

Purchased yesterday :) unfortunately I dinged my T on Monday backing into a pillar at my in-laws...argh! I ignored the shrilling sensors while my head was turned to the rear. $9200 plus tax so definitely insurance :( attached pic. Rear quarter panel dent and bumper. Apparently can not ‘pull’ aluminum? So I guess it won’t update to my car until it comes back into a wifi zone out of the shop.

I won’t get the car back for abt least 2-3 weeks.

Lesson learned: don’t visit in-laws lol!

Attachments

• CED051A0-0DB1-49A7-8D1B-13CCD1288224.jpeg
    CED051A0-0DB1-49A7-8D1B-13CCD1288224.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 90
  • E78EE8C0-4B05-47AB-876F-7D55D0ED61D5.jpeg
    E78EE8C0-4B05-47AB-876F-7D55D0ED61D5.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 42779140-55D6-43AD-92E8-0801189EBC0C.jpeg
    42779140-55D6-43AD-92E8-0801189EBC0C.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 69
Purchased yesterday :) unfortunately I dinged my T on Monday backing into a pillar at my in-laws...argh! I ignored the shrilling sensors while my head was turned to the rear. $9200 plus tax so definitely insurance :( attached pic. Rear quarter panel dent and bumper. Apparently can not ‘pull’ aluminum? So I guess it won’t update to my car until it comes back into a wifi zone out of the shop.

Ouch. That sucks big time. Good luck with your time frame. From what I've read on TMC body work is measured in months not weeks unless no parts are needed. Good luck.

Ok, next step. Bought AP/FSD last night around 7pm. Received an email from Tesla thanking me for my purchase and saying that it may take up to an hour for the car to update. It sat in the garage all night with a strong wifi signal, but still nothing as of this morning. I'm curious what other's experience is after they've purchased. Is there a notification on the screen saying that it's been updated? How long did it take after purchase? I'm checking the Autopilot tab to see if the FSD feature settings, like Summon, are there, and they aren't yet.

Ok, next step. Bought AP/FSD last night around 7pm. Received an email from Tesla thanking me for my purchase and saying that it may take up to an hour for the car to update. It sat in the garage all night with a strong wifi signal, but still nothing as of this morning. I'm curious what other's experience is after they've purchased. Is there a notification on the screen saying that it's been updated? How long did it take after purchase? I'm checking the Autopilot tab to see if the FSD feature settings, like Summon, are there, and they aren't yet.

Purchased yesterday. No notification on email or app. Checked in car and screen said sucussfully loaded. No revision number. All that it had was the word
“SKIP” in a box which I pushed. Memo cleared nothing else to read or do. Still on same. Revision number.

Same thing with me. I'm just going to ignore the damage since I could care less.

Screenshot_20190308-205004.jpg

Same thing with me. I'm just going to ignore the damage since I could care less.

View attachment 384437

If it was only the scratches I could buff them out or have a bumper repainted. But the dent? No. If it takes too long for the part, I’ll simply continue to drive the car anyway rather than an ICE rental. I’m not going months without my car!

I for one will be looking forward to hearing your comparison.

So I received the basic AP package last night and drove it shortly after that. I have had an AP1 and AP2 car with EAP. This new package is good, but I would say I’d prefer AP1 over it just because they did leave out lane changing ability. You have to disconnect AP, change lanes, and then re engage it once your established in your new lane. AP2 was like this for awhile when it was brand new and it’s a real pain.

It feels like to me Tesla is starting to redefine what FSD means to them now. I also think this is why it has been radio silence on the coast to coast drive. They now consider being able to change lanes while in auto steer part of “FSD”. I wouldn’t be surprised if they release basically what is Navigate on Autopilot for city streets, make it recognize some stoplights (probably pretty inconsistently) and then call the FSD package complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: KArnold