Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still waiting for price cut on AP/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just purchased AP for 2.6k cnd... not bad considering exchange rate is 1.35 so should have been $2700 plus 6% duties based on the 2k usd price.

FSD now showing as 4K Cnd. (2.96k usd). I’ll pass for now as Navi on AP and the usless summon/parallel isn’t enough to sway me yet lol. Once traffic light recognition finally comes in (Elon’s teased ‘coming in 6 months’ ever since 2015), I’ll spring for it. I’m not holding my breath!

‘Fool me once...’

AP+FSD 5k is showing up for me too! It figures, I'm doing a day road trip today and would love to have it for the trip. But I'm wary about buying it just before the trip and having something wacky happen. I guess I'll wait until I get back. I'm all in for FSD since it comes with actual features, including summon which I will use to get in and out of a tight squeeze in my garage.

For you people that are buying it tonight, I'm curious when it will show up and be active in your car.

I purchased it Tuesday night and still don’t have it. I feel like it’s going to be awhile until it actually shows up in our cars.

It seems like to me Tesla is going to have to re write a lot of the software before it shows up. These are new AP packages where the feature sets are different than what we used to have. I think we are going to have to wait for a new software update, and then after that wait for the AP packages to be pushed to our cars. Of course like any other update they will do a slow roll out for testing and then probably a couple more revisions before a major roll out. It could be a month or more for that to happen.

I just bit the bullet and bought the FSD for $2,000. Already have EAP for my MS 85D. Whoo hooo! Let the fun begin! Looking forward to many software upgrades in the future!

Thank you for your purchase

It may take up to one hour for your Tesla to update. To install, you’ll need to be parked and have adequate connectivity. When the upgrade is complete, you will see a confirmation on your Tesla touchscreen

How can you tell whether you got it in your car?

I think you might be asking about FSD, that I don’t know. I purchased the new basic AP because my car never had any AP features.

Since this is a new AP package (no Summon, NOA, or auto park) I’m sure the current software on the car doesn’t know how to handle enabling that so its going to require new software update before I see anything. As far as purchasing FSD after your car already had EAP...yeah I dont know how you would tell because your really not going to see any new features anyways.

I just bit the bullet and bought the FSD for $2,000. Already have EAP for my MS 85D. Whoo hooo! Let the fun begin! Looking forward to many software upgrades in the future!

Thank you for your purchase

It may take up to one hour for your Tesla to update. To install, you’ll need to be parked and have adequate connectivity. When the upgrade is complete, you will see a confirmation on your Tesla touchscreen

Debating if I should pull the trigger as well. My Tesla page shows $2k now (it was showing $3k yesterday).

I am still a bit baffled as to what buying a FSD upgrade actually means.

I have a 2017 90D Model S w/ AP2 EAP at delivery. I do now see the $2000 upgrade to FSD in mytesla account page.

If I buy this, is there a hardware upgrade required? Is it purely software? I’m looping around threads trying to piece this together without success.

I have a 2017 90D Model S w/ AP2 EAP at delivery. I do now see the $2000 upgrade to FSD in mytesla account page.

If I buy this, is there a hardware upgrade required? Is it purely software? I’m looping around threads trying to piece this together without success.

This may help add to the confusion! I'm not sure about the HW upgrade, but I hope so!
D0t9coCWoAA4pzk.jpg:large

This is a great flow chart and is just the information I was looking for! Thank you for posting this!

I guess the only remaning question I have is whether or not I will require some sort of hardware upgrade to enable “D” on my 2017 90D AP2 car. In the meantime, I’ll keep using “C” happily while I consider pulling the $2k FSD upgrade trigger.

This may help add to the confusion! I'm not sure about the HW upgrade, but I hope so!
D0t9coCWoAA4pzk.jpg:large
great

I am in the same boat here too, I see the 2K upgrade now and have the 2017 Model S 90D w/ AP2 EAP also. I had seen the chart and the multiple mentions about new hardware/ MCU, if the 2K includes this and it is just the time to schedule and get done, I am good with this, but if it is additional cost required for the new hardware, then i want to figure out what that cost is before forcing myself down a rabbit hole.

I will say i would love the new hardware if is also brought with it the option for using the built in cameras, sentry mode, etc. not available on AP2.

Reactions: Shumandm
Pulled the trigger on my own $2k FSD update. I'm assuming that there's a hardware upgrade required, despite the implication from email that "It may take up to one hour for your Tesla to update."
My understanding is that if you already had EAP you really won't notice much if any difference in the features. Basically, what you are doing is adding the upcoming features (traffic lights/stop sign recognition, advanced summon) as well as a placeholder for HW3 upgrade.

My understanding is that if you already had EAP you really won't notice much if any difference in the features. Basically, what you are doing is adding the upcoming features (traffic lights/stop sign recognition, advanced summon) as well as a placeholder for HW3 upgrade.
Exactly. Sounds a lot like pay $2,000 now and get HW and new features sometime in the future. Could be next week or next month or in the next year or so.