Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still Waiting on Parts from April 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model Y in April of 2021. Upon delivery, I did a thorough inspection of the car, as many on this form advised, to look for scratches, panel gaps, etc. that would need to be addressed by Tesla Service.

As expected there were a number of build-quailtiy issues with the Model Y that I noted, photographed, and sent to Tesla for record. I didn't notice any major concerns, so still happily accepted delivery of the car.

Initially, Tesla Services tried their best to fix the minor issues such as paint scratches, panel gaps, etc., however there were a few items that they needed to order parts for in order to properly fix:

- Small cut in headliner (Service Center ordered the new headliner in April, 2021)
- Rubber peeling off both rear coat hooks (Service Center ordered the replacements in April, 2021)

In addition to the two items noticed at delivery, there were some other issues that arose after the first few weeks with the car:

- I noticed that the alignment of the steering wheel was off, meaning that the steering wheel was not straight when the car was going straight. Tesla Service fixed this issue a month or two later, but in the process, scratched up the steering wheel. The Service Center was apologetic and ordered a replacement.
- The carpet lining on the inside of the trunk hatch started peeling off. The Service Center tried a few times to fix this over a couple of months with no luck. They ordered a replacement to solve the problem.

It is now April, 2022, and I am still waiting on all of the replacement parts listed above. I've tried calling the service center dozens of times over the past few months, but have never received a definitive response from any of the Service Advisors on when the parts will arrive. The typical response is "we will check on it and call you back", but I have not once actually received a call back.

I'm posting to this form hoping that somebody will have advice or has experienced a similar situation that was somehow resolved. I love my car, but am just trying to figure out how to approach and navigate the Tesla Service team appropriately so that these issues can finally be resolved.

Please let me know of any advice, tips, or tricks that you may know of that could help my situation.

Thanks in advance

I would schedule a service appointment with the app and mention that all your past must be in, so you want to get these all fixed. Then you will at least be able to use the messaging function to get some communication.

I had a warranty service for three of my door trims and the drivers door trim was out of stock. It only took about a week for the replacement parts to arrive, so I already had another appointment a week out from the day I finished my first one. Sadly, it goes to another team initially as they were trying to charge me rather than it being covered by warranty. After several messages, I could see my service messages were being reviewed by my local service center and they updated the quote to a 0 dollar amount rather than whatever the parts/labor cost.

I will admit it is quite difficult to communicate, but that mesasging function with a service appointment scheduled worked best. Calling or even just driving there, I had a terrible experience.

FYI This was for my Model 3. My Model Y is on order.

Reactions: Lephturn
I would schedule a service appointment with the app and mention that all your past must be in, so you want to get these all fixed. Then you will at least be able to use the messaging function to get some communication.

I had a warranty service for three of my door trims and the drivers door trim was out of stock. It only took about a week for the replacement parts to arrive, so I already had another appointment a week out from the day I finished my first one. Sadly, it goes to another team initially as they were trying to charge me rather than it being covered by warranty. After several messages, I could see my service messages were being reviewed by my local service center and they updated the quote to a 0 dollar amount rather than whatever the parts/labor cost.

I will admit it is quite difficult to communicate, but that mesasging function with a service appointment scheduled worked best. Calling or even just driving there, I had a terrible experience.

FYI This was for my Model 3. My Model Y is on order.
Thanks so much for the advice! I will try scheduling an appointment in hope of speeding the process up.