TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Still weird exiting car with music playing and just walking away

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Dan203, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Dan203

Dan203 Active Member

It's still weird getting out of the car while the music is playing and just walking away. I kinda wish there was some sort of "off" button. Maybe a double click of the park button could stop the music and turn off the screen so it seems like it was off. I also wouldn't mind some sort of touch lock on the outside of the car. I've actually thinking about melting down one of the keycards, removing the RFID chip and embedding it in my watch band so I can just stick my wrist on the B pillar to lock the car before I walk away.

2. Fernand

Fernand Member

For a quick & easy OFF function, tearing off the cover in the Frunk and cutting the wire to the 12 volt battery should do the trick.

• Funny x 11
    • Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

#3 JulienW, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Push the left scroll wheel button once to cut off the music and NON problem solved.

• Like x 9
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. Jim R

Jim R Member

On my ICE (Mercedes) car, the music plays on when I shut off the car. It stops when I open the driver's door. Sounds like a good way to have it operate.

5. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Member

I just wish there was a way to tell the car to stay unlocked when it's in my own garage! (home setting). You can tell it not to set the alarm (sentry mode) when at home, why not be able to tell it to remain unlocked?

It's a pain when the kids need to grab something out of the car and they have to come get me to either unlock it from my phone or grab a phone that has a key on it.

• Like x 1
  6. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in Lake Charles LA)
    You could look into selecting a home profile that is programmed to keep the doors unlocked.

This could be an easy option to keep doors unlocked at home too. Twitter is our friend.

• Like x 1
  7. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Member

This complaint is somebody saying they bought a technically advanced car, but they want it to act like their old ICE car.

People will find things to complain about.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 3
  8. mybeans

mybeans Member

This is how it should work. Having the media start too early and play too long is the most annoying thing about about the car. I listen to podcasts all the time, so there are big gaps I'd miss if I weren't manually stopping the media every time.

9. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Member

And it's such a great effort for you to push the left scroll wheel that you think Tesla should reprogram the infotainment system so you don't have expend that herculean effort?

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Member

Nah, I think that it's just such a technologically advanced car, with so many customizable features, that people are surprised when it can't/doesn't do something you would expect it to or is seen elsewhere.

• Like x 1
  11. sduck

sduck Mr. Duck

I just use the pause button, but i use usb audio almost exclusively.

12. Rottenapplr

Rottenapplr Member

I love that feature. I’m the guy that leaves his ICE car on when leaving because I’m used to the model 3 not requiring it.

• Like x 4
  13. JBT66

JBT66 Member

I’ve not had this problem. Also doesn’t the Apple podcast skip backwards 15 seconds or so when ever it’s restarted? This way you know exactly where you left off and don’t miss any content anyhow?

14. dixosw

dixosw Member

Exactly. Tesla is the new norm. I've occasionally walked away from our other car with it still running, keys in, unlocked before realizing it isn't the Tesla and therefore not smart enough to realize what I want to do. Other cars are so dumb after you experience a Tesla.

• Like x 3
  15. Amit519

Amit519 Roadster dreams!!

As for the RFID issue, here's a novel approach:

• Like x 1
  16. padgettsj

padgettsj Member

I am entertained by all the ICE/EV problems and gripes.. keep them coming

17. woodisgood

woodisgood It's walnut, beech

Just need to perfect your boss walk. Like in the movies when they exit and stroll away from an exploding car/building.

18. mswlogo

mswlogo Active Member

I don't get it, neither my Model 3 nor Model X does that.

Music Plays softly when I open the door. As soon as I close the door, with nobody in the car, the Music Stops.

Am I missing something? Is V10 different on Model 3 (which I no longer have).

• Like x 1
  19. Webeevdrivers

Webeevdrivers Active Member

Nope it’s not. It’s about somebody wanting to use the car a certain way and inquiring wether it can be used that way. Sometimes better is the enemy of good enough. They can make it so technically advanced that it auto locks every freakin time wether you want it to or not but they can’t put a heated steering wheel in it.

• Like x 1
  20. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

If you don’t close your door completely...and happened to many here...the car won’t lock and the window won’t go all the way up—music letting you know your car isn’t locked if your smart enough to understand that.

• Funny x 1