Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still weird exiting car with music playing and just walking away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's still weird getting out of the car while the music is playing and just walking away. I kinda wish there was some sort of "off" button. Maybe a double click of the park button could stop the music and turn off the screen so it seems like it was off. I also wouldn't mind some sort of touch lock on the outside of the car. I've actually thinking about melting down one of the keycards, removing the RFID chip and embedding it in my watch band so I can just stick my wrist on the B pillar to lock the car before I walk away.

It's still weird getting out of the car while the music is playing and just walking away. I kinda wish there was some sort of "off" button. Maybe a double click of the park button could stop the music and turn off the screen so it seems like it was off. I also wouldn't mind some sort of touch lock on the outside of the car. I've actually thinking about melting down one of the keycards, removing the RFID chip and embedding it in my watch band so I can just stick my wrist on the B pillar to lock the car before I walk away.
Push the left scroll wheel button once to cut off the music and NON problem solved.

Last edited:
I just wish there was a way to tell the car to stay unlocked when it's in my own garage! (home setting). You can tell it not to set the alarm (sentry mode) when at home, why not be able to tell it to remain unlocked?

It's a pain when the kids need to grab something out of the car and they have to come get me to either unlock it from my phone or grab a phone that has a key on it.

Reactions: alexGS
I just wish there was a way to tell the car to stay unlocked when it's in my own garage! (home setting). You can tell it not to set the alarm (sentry mode) when at home, why not be able to tell it to remain unlocked?

It's a pain when the kids need to grab something out of the car and they have to come get me to either unlock it from my phone or grab a phone that has a key on it.
You could look into selecting a home profile that is programmed to keep the doors unlocked.

This could be an easy option to keep doors unlocked at home too. Twitter is our friend.

Reactions: calidreamz808
On my ICE (Mercedes) car, the music plays on when I shut off the car. It stops when I open the driver's door. Sounds like a good way to have it operate.
This is how it should work. Having the media start too early and play too long is the most annoying thing about about the car. I listen to podcasts all the time, so there are big gaps I'd miss if I weren't manually stopping the media every time.

Reactions: jq371
This is how it should work. Having the media start too early and play too long is the most annoying thing about about the car. I listen to podcasts all the time, so there are big gaps I'd miss if I weren't manually stopping the media every time.
And it's such a great effort for you to push the left scroll wheel that you think Tesla should reprogram the infotainment system so you don't have expend that herculean effort?

This complaint is somebody saying they bought a technically advanced car, but they want it to act like their old ICE car.

People will find things to complain about.
Nah, I think that it's just such a technologically advanced car, with so many customizable features, that people are surprised when it can't/doesn't do something you would expect it to or is seen elsewhere.

Reactions: jq371 and dethman
I love that feature. I’m the guy that leaves his ICE car on when leaving because I’m used to the model 3 not requiring it.

I love that feature. I’m the guy that leaves his ICE car on when leaving because I’m used to the model 3 not requiring it.

Exactly. Tesla is the new norm. I've occasionally walked away from our other car with it still running, keys in, unlocked before realizing it isn't the Tesla and therefore not smart enough to realize what I want to do. Other cars are so dumb after you experience a Tesla.

I don't get it, neither my Model 3 nor Model X does that.

Music Plays softly when I open the door. As soon as I close the door, with nobody in the car, the Music Stops.

Am I missing something? Is V10 different on Model 3 (which I no longer have).

Reactions: notrhj
This complaint is somebody saying they bought a technically advanced car, but they want it to act like their old ICE car.

People will find things to complain about.

Nope it’s not. It’s about somebody wanting to use the car a certain way and inquiring wether it can be used that way. Sometimes better is the enemy of good enough. They can make it so technically advanced that it auto locks every freakin time wether you want it to or not but they can’t put a heated steering wheel in it.

Reactions: Rottenapplr