Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stock 2020 Vette looks to have lower 0-60 time vs P3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are 2 different car categories. The Model 3 is a 4 door sedan. The Corvette is a true 2 door sports car.

I have a C7 Corvette and a Model 3 Performance. Chevy says my C7 does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

Sure it can do 3.9 seconds, but has to be on a prepped track with perfect weather conditions and a professional driver.

I can only do 4.2 - 4.4 with the C7 on the street.

My Model 3 will do around 3.2 seconds all day on the street, even with my grandma driving it.

And for the record, it feels like I'm driving in slow motion when I drive the Corvette after driving the Model 3 Performance.

Sure the C8 Z51 may do 2.9 seconds, but once again that's on a prepped track with perfect weather conditions and a professional driver.

Sure the C8 Z51 may do 2.9 seconds, but once again that's on a prepped track with perfect weather conditions and a professional driver.

2.8 with those things-
2020 Chevrolet Corvette Is More Than the Best Corvette Ever

Several reviews also mention the mid-engine putting a lot of weight near the rear wheels make it a lot easier to get those kinds of times on normal launches.

That said- their Z51 was almost $90,000 with its options.

A P3D- is barely over 50k- and still under 60k even with FSD, and actually has a useful back seat :)

BIG difference in ICE having to use launch control,
v. mashing on throttle any time, any where!

on the street, a P3D is VERY COMPETITIVE
w/ZR-1's-Z06's up to stay outta jail speeds!
on the track, tires will make ZR-1's Z06's
much, much better performers.

2.8 with those things-
2020 Chevrolet Corvette Is More Than the Best Corvette Ever

Several reviews also mention the mid-engine putting a lot of weight near the rear wheels make it a lot easier to get those kinds of times on normal launches.

That said- their Z51 was almost $90,000 with its options.

A P3D- is barely over 50k- and still under 60k even with FSD, and actually has a useful back seat :)

You must have quite a lot of options to get it to $90,000. I priced a C8 with the 3LT well optioned came out $83k. Will be ordering next August - year 2. Last month though I ordered the Model X Long Range. There is more than 0-60 to a car. I would not be comparing my Corvette (current C7) to any sedan - Tesla or not.

You must have quite a lot of options to get it to $90,000. I priced a C8 with the 3LT well optioned came out $83k. Will be ordering next August - year 2. Last month though I ordered the Model X Long Range. There is more than 0-60 to a car. I would not be comparing my Corvette (current C7) to any sedan - Tesla or not.

Just played with the configurator a bit-

3LT bumps you to 72k ($71,945 anyway)
You can add another ~2k in paint options so 74k
Z51 takes you to 79k
Engine appearance pack to 80k
Upgraded wheels to 81.5k
Add magnetic suspension, front lift with memory package, red calipers that gets you to 85.4k

There's another 3-4k you can drop into interior accents/colors/etc...and probably another 15-20k in largely cosmetic exterior stuff you can add in the configurator (spoilers, exterior accents, carbon fiber roof package, ground effects pack, etc...)

Highest I could get a final price was $106,235...

But that was not adding in stuff that wasn't really "the car" like corvette museum delivery, a second set of wheels, or a car cover.... with those it would've been over 110k.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
BIG difference in ICE having to use launch control,
v. mashing on throttle any time, any where!

on the street, a P3D is VERY COMPETITIVE
w/ZR-1's-Z06's up to stay outta jail speeds!
on the track, tires will make ZR-1's Z06's
much, much better performers.

While the tires are part of the equation, trying to attribute the benefits of an actual sports car to any car that Tesla currently makes to only the tires is extremely silly. Teslas are surprisingly decent at handling, but compared to an actual handling focused vehicle, they pale in comparison in that area.

Just because Teslas are good doesn't mean other cars are bad. From what I've seen of the C8, it promises to be an outstanding sports car. Kudos to Chevy for breaking the Corvette mold and coming out with a really interesting new vehicle that promises to really please the enthusiasts. Those of us driving Model 3's and Model S's are driving family sedans that just happen to perform as well as most sports cars. My neighbor is supposed to have one of the early C8's coming to him next spring. I can't wait to take it for a drive!

Just because Teslas are good doesn't mean other cars are bad. From what I've seen of the C8, it promises to be an outstanding sports car. Kudos to Chevy for breaking the Corvette mold and coming out with a really interesting new vehicle that promises to really please the enthusiasts. Those of us driving Model 3's and Model S's are driving family sedans that just happen to perform as well as most sports cars. My neighbor is supposed to have one of the early C8's coming to him next spring. I can't wait to take it for a drive!

I totally agree. I love my Corvette and my Tesla. It's hard to beat popping the top when the weather is nice, rowing my own gears, and listening to that 6.2L engine purr as it's burning premium Techron gasoline.

Reactions: msm859 and byeLT4
I think this was expected. It was already crazy that my 2018 electric 4 door sedan is faster than regular 2019 vettes.

That is faster on a prepped track as mentioned, and with a great driver. Most won't be able to get that. I don't want to see a plaid Model 3 TBH as I'm not ready to upgrade. :p

Corvettes have always (well, not gen1) been great sports cars. This is where we see the difference between fan boys and enthusiasts.

Am I the only one who has lost all interest in ICE?
911 used to be my dream car but after owning my Tesla, I don't have any desire left for ICE.
I can't say that I've lost 'all' interest but I'll be taking a hard look at the 2021+ Macan EV. The Macan was on the short list when I decided to go with the Model 3. I can imagine how much better it will handle with a lower CG...