Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stock Model 3 goes off road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took our stock Model 3 off road last weekend and it got a bit rockier than expected but she handled like a champ!!! When we got to the trailhead we saw a Model S that had also made the rocky journey in their luxury vehicle. Now thinking about putting an after market lift on the Model 3 -- has anyone else done this? Was it worth it? We're in Colorado so traveling on dirt roads and through deep snow happens on the reg!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-155715.png
    Screenshot_20200807-155715.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 184
Have found myself on very suspect dirt roads multiple times when getting to trails in WA state. We did have to turn around once in the beginning of the season when the road hadn’t been graded and potholes were 6” deep causing us to bottom out on sections.

Ever since then I’ve been looking at the MPP lift kit (1.75”) which would take the stock 5.5” ground clearance to 7.25”. Ive been hesitating to do this only because I’ve been considering upgrading to Model Y which with a stock 6.6” ground clearance would give it a more respectable 8.35” w/ lift kit which starts to approach Subaru gc

The model s can go up to ~7.3” w/ air suspension at its highest and down to ~5.1”. The model S is way too big for city driving that I do but it is a super versatile vehicle. Love seeing it out there on trails

Last edited: