TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Stock or aftermarket?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Romand, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Romand

Romand Member

Hey guys why are t sportline rims so expensive would you rather have them or ferrada fr2 rims?

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

They are that expensive because people will pay that much for them.

• Like x 1
  3. green1

green1 Active Member

Of course you could buy the Rials or Replikas that are almost identical to the tsportlines for half the cost (or less)
    I never understood why people buy the tsportline ones when the others are half the cost for the same thing.

4. jplasmd

jplasmd Member

I use 19" Rials with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 snow tires, and 20" Axis Model S wheels with my performance tires. Both the Rials and Axis wheels are turbines. Both have performed well for me. Both are half the cost of T sportline cast TST's if you want the turbine look. In your case, I think you're looking at the T sportlines forged wheels vs. cast wheels in the same style from other wheel makers. Forged wheels are stronger, so they can be made lighter. Look at the weight difference.