Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stockholder? Do you own a Tesla?

Do you own Tesla stock and Tesla the car?

• I am a shareholder and a Tesla owner or Model 3 reservation holder.

Votes: 102 88.7%
  • I am just a shareholder.

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a stockholder with a Model 3 reservation. I already own an EV and will not be getting a Model 3 until 2019 at the earliest (UK resident). I have always been fond of Tesla vehicles and watched in awe when the Model 3 was first unveiled. I put in my reservation shortly afterwards and became very interested in the company itself since then. The more I read, the more I knew I wanted to be a part of this and invest my money in stock. I've been following the company and stock very closely since then.

My only regret is that I didn't find out more about the company earlier and invest several years ago, but in the end I don't think that will matter to me. I'm in for the long haul.

I got a roadster in 2012; at the same time I got into TSLA stocks. Figured, if the company goes broke (which was not out of the question back then), I might as well put all eggs in the same basket. I was young at the time and liked the car and the company a lot.

The stock has appreciated a lot since then, and I have appreciated the cars. It's a wonderful journey that is far from over.

I got a roadster in 2012; at the same time I got into TSLA stocks. Figured, if the company goes broke (which was not out of the question back then), I might as well put all eggs in the same basket. I was young at the time and liked the car and the company a lot.

The stock has appreciated a lot since then, and I have appreciated the cars. It's a wonderful journey that is far from over.
Pretty much my story, except got the Roadster in 2009.

I´m a stockholder but am not driving a Tesla atm.

Had a Model S loaner some years back and had a pretty bad time with it. I also terminated my Model 3 reservation when it became apparent that it was another case of Elon-Time.
I will give the brand another chance when I can finally test drive the Model 3 here in germany.

Last edited:
I bought an S in 2015 after following the company for about 6 months. We get a lot of snow here, so once the all wheel drive went into production, I pulled the trigger. Bought stock about 2 months before I bought the car. Great experience with the S. Placed a reservation for a 3 back in January. I don't need the larger vehicle and would like a bit more range, even more fun driving experience, and the latest EAP. I will probably go for the P3. My wife is moving over to Tesla in 2 weeks when we pick up an X. She has been driving an Acura MDX for years. It has 270,000 miles on it. She borrows my S once in a while and loves driving it, so she is really excited to move to the X.