Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stockholder? Do you own a Tesla?

Do you own Tesla stock and Tesla the car?

• I am a shareholder and a Tesla owner or Model 3 reservation holder.

Votes: 102 88.7%
  • I am just a shareholder.

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters

EVMeister

Lover of Tesla
Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2018
England
I am a stockholder with a Model 3 reservation. I already own an EV and will not be getting a Model 3 until 2019 at the earliest (UK resident). I have always been fond of Tesla vehicles and watched in awe when the Model 3 was first unveiled. I put in my reservation shortly afterwards and became very interested in the company itself since then. The more I read, the more I knew I wanted to be a part of this and invest my money in stock. I've been following the company and stock very closely since then.

My only regret is that I didn't find out more about the company earlier and invest several years ago, but in the end I don't think that will matter to me. I'm in for the long haul.

Johann Koeber

May 1, 2012
Hersbruck, Germany
I got a roadster in 2012; at the same time I got into TSLA stocks. Figured, if the company goes broke (which was not out of the question back then), I might as well put all eggs in the same basket. I was young at the time and liked the car and the company a lot.

The stock has appreciated a lot since then, and I have appreciated the cars. It's a wonderful journey that is far from over.

Daniellane

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2017
Camas, Washington
These kind of results,although early in the process and obviously skewed by the audience seem to be what I would have expected, based on my own personal experience.
But I’m guessing that if I put up the same poll for short-sellers that the data would be reversed.

Reactions: neroden and EinSV

ggr

Expert in Dunning-Kruger Effect!
Supporting Member
Mar 24, 2011
San Diego, CA
I got a roadster in 2012; at the same time I got into TSLA stocks. Figured, if the company goes broke (which was not out of the question back then), I might as well put all eggs in the same basket. I was young at the time and liked the car and the company a lot.

The stock has appreciated a lot since then, and I have appreciated the cars. It's a wonderful journey that is far from over.
Pretty much my story, except got the Roadster in 2009.

Phrixotrichus

Jul 31, 2017
Germany
I´m a stockholder but am not driving a Tesla atm.

Had a Model S loaner some years back and had a pretty bad time with it. I also terminated my Model 3 reservation when it became apparent that it was another case of Elon-Time.
I will give the brand another chance when I can finally test drive the Model 3 here in germany.

Last edited:

heltok

Aug 12, 2014
Sweden
Been wanting to for so long. But it is hard owning a car when you travel as much as I do. I wish there was a Tesla rental program worldwide you could join and get a Tesla in every city you visit.

• Love
Reactions: MikeC and K_Dizzle

bobinfla

S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2012
Land O'Lakes
Stockholder starting on July 8, 2011, have made $1.006 million in profits on my shares.

Own 4 Teslas (Roadster, S, X & 3) plus a 4 power wall setup and have a 2020 Roadster reserved. Altogether those have cost me about $850k.

So my TSLA addiction has covered my Tesla addiction and am still ahead of the game.:)

bdy0627

May 19, 2015
Appleton, WI
I bought an S in 2015 after following the company for about 6 months. We get a lot of snow here, so once the all wheel drive went into production, I pulled the trigger. Bought stock about 2 months before I bought the car. Great experience with the S. Placed a reservation for a 3 back in January. I don't need the larger vehicle and would like a bit more range, even more fun driving experience, and the latest EAP. I will probably go for the P3. My wife is moving over to Tesla in 2 weeks when we pick up an X. She has been driving an Acura MDX for years. It has 270,000 miles on it. She borrows my S once in a while and loves driving it, so she is really excited to move to the X.

K_Dizzle

Feb 9, 2018
London Ontario
Been wanting to for so long. But it is hard owning a car when you travel as much as I do. I wish there was a Tesla rental program worldwide you could join and get a Tesla in every city you visit.

Imagine if I’m every city the car did the driving for you, and it’s all conected like some kind of network. ;)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC