TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Stockholder? Do you own a Tesla?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Daniellane, Jun 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you own Tesla stock and Tesla the car?

1. I am a shareholder and a Tesla owner or Model 3 reservation holder.

102 vote(s)
    88.7%
  2. I am just a shareholder.

13 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I am a stockholder and I own a Model S and a Model 3. I am a believer mainly based on how amazing the cars are. I was wondering what the correlation between Owner’s/Reservation holders & Stockholders might be.

• Like x 2
  2. EVMeister

EVMeister Member

I am a stockholder with a Model 3 reservation. I already own an EV and will not be getting a Model 3 until 2019 at the earliest (UK resident). I have always been fond of Tesla vehicles and watched in awe when the Model 3 was first unveiled. I put in my reservation shortly afterwards and became very interested in the company itself since then. The more I read, the more I knew I wanted to be a part of this and invest my money in stock. I've been following the company and stock very closely since then.

My only regret is that I didn't find out more about the company earlier and invest several years ago, but in the end I don't think that will matter to me. I'm in for the long haul.

• Like x 4
  3. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

I got a roadster in 2012; at the same time I got into TSLA stocks. Figured, if the company goes broke (which was not out of the question back then), I might as well put all eggs in the same basket. I was young at the time and liked the car and the company a lot.

The stock has appreciated a lot since then, and I have appreciated the cars. It's a wonderful journey that is far from over.

• Like x 7
  4. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

These kind of results,although early in the process and obviously skewed by the audience seem to be what I would have expected, based on my own personal experience.
    But I’m guessing that if I put up the same poll for short-sellers that the data would be reversed.

• Like x 2
  5. Etna

Etna Member

Just a shareholder.

But I do know what I will be driving when my stupid BMW runs out of warranty, and it will cost me exactly nothing since I fully expect my TSLA gains to pay entirely for it.

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  6. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

Got a Model X and since two weeks shares. Having a nice ride in both of them:)

• Like x 3
  7. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29, M3P 80k

Pretty much my story, except got the Roadster in 2009.

• Like x 4
  8. K_Dizzle

K_Dizzle Member

I picked up a white 3 last week. Since then I already put down a second reservation for A 3P

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  9. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Re-member

The poll is missing "neither".

Signed, Both.

• Like x 1
  10. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

That would be extraneous data in this instance. Not relevant. This is more about the mindset of investors with skin in the game.

• Like x 1
  11. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Congrats!

• Like x 1
  12. Phrixotrichus

Phrixotrichus Member

#12 Phrixotrichus, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    I´m a stockholder but am not driving a Tesla atm.

Had a Model S loaner some years back and had a pretty bad time with it. I also terminated my Model 3 reservation when it became apparent that it was another case of Elon-Time.
    I will give the brand another chance when I can finally test drive the Model 3 here in germany.

13. jeewee3000

jeewee3000 Member

I'm a stockholder with a model 3 reservation, but I'm not sure if i'll ever use it. Might go for a used model S instead.

14. heltok

heltok Member

Been wanting to for so long. But it is hard owning a car when you travel as much as I do. I wish there was a Tesla rental program worldwide you could join and get a Tesla in every city you visit.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

Stockholder starting on July 8, 2011, have made $1.006 million in profits on my shares.

Own 4 Teslas (Roadster, S, X & 3) plus a 4 power wall setup and have a 2020 Roadster reserved. Altogether those have cost me about $850k.

So my TSLA addiction has covered my Tesla addiction and am still ahead of the game.:)

• Like x 4
    • Love x 2
  16. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

I bought an S in 2015 after following the company for about 6 months. We get a lot of snow here, so once the all wheel drive went into production, I pulled the trigger. Bought stock about 2 months before I bought the car. Great experience with the S. Placed a reservation for a 3 back in January. I don't need the larger vehicle and would like a bit more range, even more fun driving experience, and the latest EAP. I will probably go for the P3. My wife is moving over to Tesla in 2 weeks when we pick up an X. She has been driving an Acura MDX for years. It has 270,000 miles on it. She borrows my S once in a while and loves driving it, so she is really excited to move to the X.

17. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

After getting a Roadster I purchased some shares. Then after the Model 3 I bought more shares. The cars are awesome and people will soon find out.

• Like x 1
  18. K_Dizzle

K_Dizzle Member

Imagine if I’m every city the car did the driving for you, and it’s all conected like some kind of network. ;)

19. sweter

sweter Member

Reservationist since 05/2016, stockholder since 12/2016.

20. BozieBeMe2

BozieBeMe2 Member

We purchased the stock because of convictions, and we purchased the car because our convictions were confirmed!

• Like x 1