Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stolen Model S crashes after police pursuit. 7/4/14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a look around. It's extremely rare we ever close a thread and if we do it's usually because a fight broke out or the discussion turned too nasty.

+1. We pretty much let the threads run unless it's obvious that won't work (because people are determined to fight and/or be nasty about something). Best advice if someone wants it closed, just stay away. Don't participate in the thread. Then it slowly gets buried and dies off.

As Nigel and Bonnie said we rarely close threads so not sure why that was brought up.

Well, thanks for clearing that one up! I was just concerned based on the tone that the thread had been going in.

On the general topic of accidents, injuries, and fatalities...
I beg the mods to consider a policy change. Discussions around the guilt and words like "deserve" should be quarantined to a separate thread titled something like "judge and jury backseat driving" thread right next to the "what do you think about the death penalty" thread.

I put this to the mods for discussion in our private group. It's a tough one to moderate though.

I'd be cool with a speed limit setting available in the mobile app and changeable on the fly. If you drop the car to ~25 MPH (gracefully if going faster...) then most problems should sort themselves out...

Take a look around. It's extremely rare we ever close a thread and if we do it's usually because a fight broke out or the discussion turned too nasty.

+1. We pretty much let the threads run unless it's obvious that won't work (because people are determined to fight and/or be nasty about something). Best advice if someone wants it closed, just stay away. Don't participate in the thread. Then it slowly gets buried and dies off.
I'd keep the thread open so that we have a place to post additional follow-up. It would be interesting to find out if the driver's seatbelt was severed in the accident, and what his relationship to the SC was, if there was one. There may also be some sort of summation from Tesla at some point, although I'm not holding my breath on that, particularly if it does turn out that he worked at the SC.

Lump: Thanks for the pix: Much more important though, do we have details about how they got into the vehicle, what transpired at the time of the crash and how the person in the passenger seat survived?