Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

stolen video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw, at 1:04 it looks like they're using video that DaveD recorded. I wonder if Business Insider asked permission.

Those b@stards! :biggrin: Following the tradition of (too) many Americans, I shall promptly sue them for mental anguish, not to mention a pile of cash!

Seriously, I've not had anyone misappropriate media content from me before. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery? I'm inclined to let it go, but maybe a precendent like that shouldn't be set? A publication like Business Insider really should know better.

Perhaps contact them asking for credit? OTOH, if you'd like to get a pretty penny for it, I'd ask the posts here about it to be removed and consult a lawyer.

Prolly easier to just ask for credit tho :)

Those b@stards! :biggrin: Following the tradition of (too) many Americans, I shall promptly sue them for mental anguish, not to mention a pile of cash!

Seriously, I've not had anyone misappropriate media content from me before. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery? I'm inclined to let it go, but maybe a precendent like that shouldn't be set? A publication like Business Insider really should know better.

Anyone can sue...but what are your damages? :confused: Of course, I don't know much about copyright violations...anyone here know IP? Sorry, I wouldn't take your case.

I would contact them and ask them to send you $500. When they resist you can settle for 100 or 50, ask them to remove it, or as someone who wants Tesla to succeed, just let it go.

edit:
How about a subscription?

Last edited:
I was not at all serious about filing a suit over this. Sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I was going to. I've read and heard about too many frivolous suits to want to be involved in one.

While I like the idea of asking for a token reparation like a subscription, I'm not much for reading printed magazines much any more. I read online most of the time now. I doubt that they have a subscription fee for their online publication, but I'll check. Thanks for the input, all!

I was not at all serious about filing a suit over this. Sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I was going to. I've read and heard about too many frivolous suits to want to be involved in one.

While I like the idea of asking for a token reparation like a subscription, I'm not much for reading printed magazines much any more. I read online most of the time now. I doubt that they have a subscription fee for their online publication, but I'll check. Thanks for the input, all!

We know, we're halfway joking around. If I took video I'd at least mention the source! You've got a new resume builder at the least :redface:

I would inform them that they are in violation of copyright law by not asking permission and ask how they would like to resolve the situation. They should either remove the content, offer you attribution or, perhaps, money. I'd at least see what they are willing to offer.