Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

stop charging and unlock charge port not working with iPhone app anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2019.36.2.1 FW ( I have 9/2017 build for the car) and after it got installed whenever I try to stop charging and unlock the port with iPhone app, it fails then continues to keep charging. Only after the charging is done (reaches to the limit) I'm able to unlock with the phone. If I go to MCU then I'm able to interrupt it.

Did anyone have any similar issue? I hope next FW release will fix it but maybe it's just me.

Do you have schedule departure enabled? I recommend you swap it to scheduled charge and then off. Plug in and see what happens.

also when this happens and you can’t stop charging from the app, what happens from inside the car if you hit stop charging? Does it work?

I have seen the same stuff happen, always when scheduled departure was enabled. It’s super flakey for me.

Do you have schedule departure enabled? I recommend you swap it to scheduled charge and then off. Plug in and see what happens.

also when this happens and you can’t stop charging from the app, what happens from inside the car if you hit stop charging? Does it work?

I have seen the same stuff happen, always when scheduled departure was enabled. It’s super flakey for me.

I did not see schedule departure option even after the update. How do I check if I have it and/or it's enabled?

Yes from inside car it works.

Thanks!

CC381358-616E-4F02-96E7-FFA6D322A002.jpeg

I cannot unlock my charge port after charging If I don't unlock with key fob first if my car has sat all night. Try unlocking your car with the fob before unlocking charge door.

I used to be able to unlock with phone or fob. My biggest issue is I'm unable to stop charging. It says it stopped for 10s of seconds then continues to charge. The charger green flow never stops. This started to happen with the last update.

I checked scheduled departing options too and set only start charging at midnight but still the same behavior.

I used to be able to unlock with phone or fob. My biggest issue is I'm unable to stop charging. It says it stopped for 10s of seconds then continues to charge. The charger green flow never stops. This started to happen with the last update.

I checked scheduled departing options too and set only start charging at midnight but still the same behavior.
So in that 10 seconds can you unplug it?

Try this as a one time fix, go into charging and select “off” and then go back to selecting scheduled charging. Plug in again. Does it wait now to charge per the time set?

usually that cycle works for me.

Starting is not a problem. It starts at the time specified bur it's impossible to stop charging with the phone anymore.
I tried to turn off and on the scheduled charging. it still does the same. If this is not a FW or app bug should I take it to the SC? I will wait an update for the FW anyway.

Thanks!

Hi asterothe, - Did your app and firmware updates help?

For the record - today is January 7, 2010, and I am still having this problem. App version is 3.10.4 and FW is 2019.40.2.3. (And, for what it's worth, I did reboot the car software after the FW update - someone in another thread suggested that rebooting should be the first remedy tried for any issues arising after an FW update). The symptoms are the same: STOP CHARGING, either from the app or from the center console in the car itself (so, not an app issue, clearly) are simply ignored by the charging system. Charging continues as if nothing happened.

There are workarounds, such as physically stopping the charger or setting a lower charging limit, but these are hacks, not solutions.

Hi asterothe, - Did your app and firmware updates help?

For the record - today is January 7, 2010, and I am still having this problem. App version is 3.10.4 and FW is 2019.40.2.3. (And, for what it's worth, I did reboot the car software after the FW update - someone in another thread suggested that rebooting should be the first remedy tried for any issues arising after an FW update). The symptoms are the same: STOP CHARGING, either from the app or from the center console in the car itself (so, not an app issue, clearly) are simply ignored by the charging system. Charging continues as if nothing happened.

There are workarounds, such as physically stopping the charger or setting a lower charging limit, but these are hacks, not solutions.

No I have 2020.4.1 now and it's still broken.

Found the right thread!

I have the same problem, it is not possible to Stop Charging from the app, so Open Charge Port fails too. As I pointed out I another thread, having both buttons available is an amateurish UI mistake; if pushing Open Charge Port always fails with an error if the car hasn't stopped charging, the button should be grayed out and un-pressable.

But pressing Stop Charging doesn't seem to do anything. The app reacts like it stopped, but nothing changes on the car (port light stays green), and a refresh of the app screen shows it still charging.

I just upgraded the car to 2020.12.11.5, and my (Android) app is 3.10.5, 2014 MS 85.

Does Tesla actually know about this? It seems like a pretty common function to perform.