Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop supercharging fees [after selling car]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrskahn

OD 8/11 MYLR Silver/Black Int/7 Seat/Tow
Aug 12, 2021
California
Hi, I sold my car about a month ago and realized I still have access to the car in the app. I didn’t think much of it until I got an email that my card was charged for supercharging. I then tried to remove my card but it wouldn’t let me. So I removed the car from my Tesla account but am now worried that my credit card is still attached to the car. Anyone experience this?

I know it might suck to have to do this but for peace of mind, you could go to your bank and have a new card made. They'll cancel the old one and since most banks can do it at the teller line it takes just a few mins. If this is a CC it may take a little longer via mail.

Yes, as soon as you select that you sold the car (under 3rd party) on tesla . com, the car can no longer Super Charge. The new owner needs to log into their account and add the car. They will need documents. I purchase a car from private sale and was stuck trying to get home without SC. I was able to add the car to my account by using the bill of sale. Usually that's not the case. They also let me get in one SC event until it was added to the account. It sure is much better than how it use to be. It would take weeks before the car was removed from the app or someone had access under their app. Now, back to your CC. Are you able to remove your card from your account now that the car is off your account? I think all should be well now that the sold Tesla is no longer on the account.
Let us know.