Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop whining! Read this before another whine thread!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have over 0.5 MILLION reservations. Reservations are useless for Tesla now. They were cool at the beginning when Tesla needed investors to start building Gigafactory and expand Fermont. But now they are just useless burden. Tesla need to sell you S and X. This is obvious. They can therefore charge insane premiums for TM3. They do not need your reservation for TM3, they have more than enough for next 2 years! Once the 0.5 millions of TM3 are out there and demand has stabilised, Tesla will finally start to actually want to sell you the TM3, they will make it better, cheaper etc. But this will happen only after the early demand is gone, which will take time. So this is in short why Tesla does not want to show you all cool features of TM3, why they charge insane premiums on optional packages, why Elon said nothing about TM3 on yesterdays unveil. That is why they do not need give you HUD or Spaceship controls or tokens of appreciations for standing in line or promote TM3 in any way. TM3 has no competitor and Tesla knows that. They can do anything they want. And they are doing it well, they enjoy their huge lead in EV market which allows they to actually turn profitable on such amazing vehicle like TM3 is. Yes, you will pay a lot, you will wait a lot but there is no other option on market. Period. Get used to it, stop the whine!

They do not need your reservation for TM3, they have more than enough for next 2 years! Once the 0.5 millions of TM3 are out there and demand has stabilised, Tesla will finally start to actually want to sell you the TM3, they will make it better, cheaper etc.

Actually that is whining. The Model 3 is a good car, stop telling people it could be way cheaper and better.

Some people were expecting a miracle vehicle and they didn't get it, so they whine. No reason to give them more incentive to whine, if they think in two years the Model 3 will magically transform into their miracle dream car.

Sure it will improve, but not a lot. And not suddenly after the reservations are done.

Never buy a product which does have competition.

I think you mean never buy it if it doesn't have competition.

So I think you have canceled your reservation, or never made one? Maybe in 10 years someone will build your dream car and you can enjoy it. IMO the current Model 3 is good enough. It isn't the end to all cars, but it's a nice entry level luxury sedan that apparently drives well and is priced competitively against the petrol competition.

Because it has competition, they are called BMW 3 series, Audi A4, Mercedes C-Class and while it might not be better than all of them in any contest imaginable, it's still very competitive on paper, while being an EV.

I agree with the gist of the OP's post. I was pretty impressed by the Motor Trend review and the pricing did not upset me because I am comparing it to what I'd pay for either buying out my Model S at the end of the lease or buying another new Model S.
I, too, was startled by the amount of complaining and disappointment. But I suppose that many people with advance reservations have spent a large amount of time and intellectual capital imagining what model 3 would be like -- and if the reality did not match their expectations, it could be disappointing and maybe distressing. Especially if they did not already have a Model S or X and are looking forward to their first Tesla and/or first EV.
This phenomenon is probably fertile ground for some graduate student research on the psychology of anticipating and purchasing products -- might be some good thesis material in the way Tesla products are sold!

NOT, are you saying that all the people who bought the model S and X and even roadster owners should never have bought those cars? really?

I say I would not buy. It's just demand and supply. In this case Tesla has a monopoly, so at least I will not buy unless there is competition. That way Ithere will be good value for money. Now Tesla can do what they want with no consequences.

• Disagree
Reactions: AustinPowers
Once the 0.5 millions of TM3 are out there and demand has stabilised, Tesla will finally start to actually want to sell you the TM3, they will make it better, cheaper etc.

Absolutely correct. In just a few years, Elon will be producing George Jetson's car. You deserve better.

Show your disapproval to those bean counters in Palo Alto and cancel your rez NOW!.

Tesla have over 0.5 MILLION reservations. Reservations are useless for Tesla now. They were cool at the beginning when Tesla needed investors to start building Gigafactory and expand Fermont. But now they are just useless burden. Tesla need to sell you S and X. This is obvious. They can therefore charge insane premiums for TM3. They do not need your reservation for TM3, they have more than enough for next 2 years! Once the 0.5 millions of TM3 are out there and demand has stabilised, Tesla will finally start to actually want to sell you the TM3, they will make it better, cheaper etc. But this will happen only after the early demand is gone, which will take time. So this is in short why Tesla does not want to show you all cool features of TM3, why they charge insane premiums on optional packages, why Elon said nothing about TM3 on yesterdays unveil. That is why they do not need give you HUD or Spaceship controls or tokens of appreciations for standing in line or promote TM3 in any way. TM3 has no competitor and Tesla knows that. They can do anything they want. And they are doing it well, they enjoy their huge lead in EV market which allows they to actually turn profitable on such amazing vehicle like TM3 is. Yes, you will pay a lot, you will wait a lot but there is no other option on market. Period. Get used to it, stop the whine!

You are pretty much right about everything else, but your conclusions are odd.

Why would or should what you say result in us stopping our whine? Seems like our whine is the only power we have left, other than bending over.

The whine is a mighty weapon.

Keep whining, people! ;)

You are pretty much right about everything else, but your conclusions are odd.

Why would or should what you say result in us stopping our whine? Seems like our whine is the only power we have left, other than bending over.

The whine is a mighty weapon.

Keep whining, people! ;)

Right? The only thing he said was it's super overpriced and it should be way better.

"Stop whining guys, it's a total **** car, but only because Tesla can do it!"

But, no, it isn't. Stop whining! It is a good car!

Seems like our whine is the only power we have left, other than bending over.
Or just saying "no thanks".
Robin

I'll stick to my options: bending over or whining, thank you very much. ;)

But, no, it isn't. Stop whining! It is a good car!

I actually agree, I think the car seems fine. There are some obvious concern areas for me (e.g. the dash and lack of a hatchback) and the options pricing with its bundling and prices lifted straight from Model S/X is not as good value as the base car itself, but it does not look like a bad car. And the base price has pretty good value even for a car overall. They will succeed with it.

Elon's unmet hype, on the other hand, is probably a bigger reason for the whining than the car itself. The over-promise, under-deliver really should just stop.