Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopgap Fix for Rear Camera Cable Recall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ Dude can't read. Datasheet says "Repeated bend radius". Blocks me like a child when he is proven wrong...
Apparently he's the only real electrical engineer in the world and the people who wrote that data sheet are "incompetent." As are the Tesla engineers who called a recall, but only to add a wire guide to a harness.

Perhaps linux-works should build his own replacement trunk harness to his own exacting specifications.

Reactions: jkeyser14
In case anyone is watching this thread, I wrote up my stopgap fix here:

In case anyone is watching this thread, I wrote up my stopgap fix here:
Nice. Right now I've thrown some cable sleeve around the the bend in a similar manner as the official repair. I'm fortunate that my camera still works.

In your case they are going to give you a new harness. More details on the service bulletin for the repair here. I wanted to see the "official fix" before I made a DIY guide and possibly created more strain on the harness than without the guide.

Nice. Right now I've thrown some cable sleeve around the the bend in a similar manner as the official repair. I'm fortunate that my camera still works.

In your case they are going to give you a new harness. More details on the service bulletin for the repair here. I wanted to see the "official fix" before I made a DIY guide and possibly created more strain on the harness than without the guide.

Thanks, Timbo. Yeah, my cable has the yellow stripe. And regardless, no matter how much uncrimping, unscrunching of that rubber tube and hard resets, I wasn't able to get my rear video feed back. I'm guessing internally, the coax cable has separated beyond even a momentary connection.