Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopover in L.A. What to do? 8PM to 8AM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

marco2228

... fixing Roadsters
Supporting Member
Hi,

Have an quite unusual question..
Does anyone have any nice tips, what to do in LA during the night, when waiting for the next flight to Honolulu.

We'll be arriving at 8pm from London. The next flight departs at 8am.

First thought of booking a hotel for the night, close to the airport, but that's kind of boring.. so I need some better ideas :)

Thanks,
Marco

Hi Marco,
Depending on what you like and day of the week:

** Walk around and inside (Frank Ghery's) Walt Disney Concert Hall (including the gardens upstairs if they are open), The Broad (Museum) next door (brand new) and Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels a couple of blocks over (hope it might be open so you can go inside)
** Griffith Observatory (building closes at 10 PM, is closed on Mondays): access to grounds is always free. Great views of LA basin and Hollywood sign from 1,134 ft.

There are a lot of great things to see and do in LA, hope some locals can add to my thoughts.

You will be jet lagged (eventually).
Hawaii is exactly 12 hours out of sync with England's time.
And bring plenty of sun block and tanning lotion for your first couple of days in Hawaii--then tan away.

Are you flying coach? If so, then sleep. Be boring. Rent a hotel room and crash.

If you're flying business and can get some real sleep on the plane, then my suggestion is to rent a car and drive up Mt. Wilson. The view out over the lights of the basin at night is really gorgeous. In good traffic--likely at night--it'll take about an hour and a half from LAX, so this would eat up your available time pretty effectively.

On the way, grab a burger at Tommy's in Eagle Rock. (And if you have a flat tire, you can use the extra chili to patch it...)