Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopped by the Gigafactory today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
Obviously wasn't allowed in (and didn't expect to get in). I was driving from Truckee back to Utah, and figured I should at least try and swing by to see what I could see. Obviously not too much, but I could tell (from the gate house at least) that the northern most end of the factory is now totally enclosed. The latest pics I could find online show that section still open and under construction. So there's been some progress.

I asked the gate guard if I could just pull over (there's a little parking area next to the gatehouse) and snap a pic. He said sorry, no pics allowed. He literally looked like he was just out of middle school, and I didn't want to cause any trouble so I just said ok and turned around and headed back on my way.

Six months ago I tried the same thing, but never got farther than the Reno Supercharger. While there I was chatting with another owner and eventually saw tat he was wearing a Tesla Gigafactory Tshirt. He answered most of my questions and saved me the drive. There is more on here than what he could have told me at that time.

As of last Tuesday the Satellite photos show 8 portions have a full roof. That would make it about twice the size of the other buildings.
IMG_20170318_231248.jpg

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Yes, the Planet.com website is where I got that. I like it for putting two pictures together with an easy slider to see changes. I requested access to some of these views in hopes they provide a higher quality picture. We will see what happens.