Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopped Charging all the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This past Wednesday, all of a sudden, my Model 3 keeps saying "stopped charging" at the Supercharger. I tried another spot. It said the same thing. Then I tried different locations on different days. They all immediately say, "stopped charging." It doesn't given give me an iota of charge. It just immediately says "stopped charging." This happened over multiple Superchargers over multiple days. The other cars at the Supercharger seemed fine.

At home, the car charges just time using the mobile charger that comes with the car.

Does anyone know what is the cause of this?

This past Wednesday, all of a sudden, my Model 3 keeps saying "stopped charging" at the Supercharger. I tried another spot. It said the same thing. Then I tried different locations on different days. They all immediately say, "stopped charging." It doesn't given give me an iota of charge. It just immediately says "stopped charging." This happened over multiple Superchargers over multiple days. The other cars at the Supercharger seemed fine.

At home, the car charges just time using the mobile charger that comes with the car.

Does anyone know what is the cause of this?
Well, Supercharger is DC, and home L2 is AC, so maybe something is wrong with the DC charging. Contact Tesla for an appt. They may be able to see something thru remote diagnostics.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I had this happen a couple times when I had my "Charging Equipment Fault" warning. Supercharger would charge for a minute or two, then stop. Check out the "Charging Equipment Fault" thread for the fix from Tesla Mobile Service. The good news is: it's a minor repair (assuming your problem is the same as mine was).

Oh, and here's the link: tessaract.111906

Last edited: